Who's hatching 6/10 also broodys due 5/27 hatching, 6/3, 6/5,

*If* all goes well I should have button quail hatching around the 10th
fl.gif
Also testing 5 coturnix eggs for the seller.
Last bird eggs I incubated were coturnix quail 14 years ago. ( still have the same incubator
ep.gif
)

Anybody with a broody hen had a problem with the rest of their hens slowing down production? I finally moved my broody into a dog crate last night, and broke up her somewhat broody sister. But the rest of my hens are still not laying. I only got one egg out of my other four hens today (usually I get 3-4). Just wondering if they are going to pick up soon.

We have 16 assorted bantam frizzle cochins (buff, partridge, blue, barred, white) eggs in our new Brinsea 20 ECO that are due to hatch on 06/10... Once I stopped fiddling with the lid on the Brinsea that thing went ROCK solid on temps and humidity.

P5200635.jpg

MEANWHILE: our girl Strawberry Alice is sitting on four eggs we snuck under her on 05/09 and those should be hatching sometime late next week, or to be precise on 05/30 !! Oh Boy !! Here's Alice posing for us

P5040581-1.jpg

Last edited:
My two broodies should go with the remaining PR eggs in the incubator on the 26th/27th.

The first Turkey eggs are then due the 2nd.

The guineas on the 10th...

LOL and the new turkey eggs (well I HAD to check for fertility) would be due the ... well heck, time to check a calendar LOL.

Of course the show bird eggs are due the first week of June along with a few - I couldn't help it eggs from bayhorsebayonne.

I probably at some point will stop hatching so I can finish the incubator... but it works soooooo good.

Well, I haven't had any more pips out of the batch taht was due on the 26th. I did get 3 out of a dozen. I won these eggs in a contest on BYC. Here is a pic of them dried and fluffy.
24hoursold.jpg

I'm leaving the rest of the eggs in the bator until the 31st unless they get stinky. Just in case there are late bloomers. I do have some quail due to hatch tomorrow but the eggs seem light. Lke there isn't anything in them. I do hope I get a pair at least out of the 17 eggs. I was told that quail take 18 to 21 days. I'm going by the 18 days. I'm not sure if I should still turn 3 times a day so I just do it in the morning just in case. I havne't heard any chirping from them. My next batch is due on 6/5 then 6/10 then 6/28. I want to find some EE's near enough to me so I can pick them up. I'm afraid taht the post office is making scrambled eggs out of them before they get here. 3 out of 12 isn't good and I was really hoping the Frizzle and other EE egg out of this batch would hatch but no luck. The EE was cracked then I dropped it the other day and it was scrambled. Not fertile. There was another Blue Orp there to but it is clear, another not fertile. There are 4 that don't seem to be fertile. They where free so I cna't complain. The rest of them where either paid for or just paid the shipping on. So it would be money lost. I'm sure there are lots out there that agree with that. If I ger no more chicks I will have paid $20.00 each for these 3 chicks. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Very cute chicks
love.gif
the blue black splash.
I haven't seen my chicks yet just have herd them. Momma hen really puffs up when I look in
jumpy.gif

My hen hatched 7 chicks, 2 eggs were rotten, 2 chicks died in the shell 1 egg was missing.
This is pictures of new momma with Andalusian chicks and some of
hen #1 with welsummer chicks she was showing off.
I got blue chicks, one splash and one or 2 blacks.
001-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

I want to join in the fun! I had a Silkie & a Cochin broody, but they both stopped sitting after the monsoons we've been having the last week or so...so I moved their eggs into the bator...one batch is due 5/30 (my Frizzles & Silkies) and the other is due 6/5 (mixed lot of purebreds from pumpkinpup). I also have a BL Polish hen who went broody on 4 of her eggs (that I didn't collect while it was monsooning) who is due 6/14. (the date on my camera is obviously wrong)

15626_101_1508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom