Who's hatching 6/10 also broodys due 5/27 hatching, 6/3, 6/5,

We got 2 quail babies this evening. Sidn't expect it until tomorrow. Still 15 more to go. I hope they all hatch. My last batch I got 3 out of 12. Not good odds. Here are pics.

CrissysPictures006-1.jpg

Hope every one had a great hatch. All the chicks are doing great.
Today is day 10 for the incubator so I'll do the first candling in a few. I'll post an update.
Today is day 17 for broody hen #3 so I'll be moving some young birds around to get the chick tractor ready for her.
Broody # 4 will be right behind her so its pen building time also.
And I'm still waiting on the eggs to set broody #5 and a new broody is just started so broody #6 I'm looking for eggs for her I'm looking to trade eggs for eggs. I could set her with my eggs but I would like some new blood.

Wow wee for broodys
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif

Quail babies are just soooo cute. Repeat to self, I have no time and no wood to build more pens... I have no time and no wood... I ....

Sigh.

My lagging chick is backwards in the, of course, pullet egg so I'm watching. My turkey poults are due probably tonight/tomorrow and guineas next Monday.

I shoot for Monday hatches so that Laura's not here - keeps me from split attention over the weekends but this weekend she's in Chicago, so I can fuss and worry and work to my heart's content.

Best of luck with your eggs you'll have to post pictures of your
turkey poults and guineas .

My candling update 42 eggs in the incubator all the welsummers look good the blrw all look good but a few are questionable I'm leaving them in till day 18. I'll check them again to see whats up and go from there.

I still have some eggs I left in hoing something will hatch out of them. My next ones aren't due until 6/5, then 6/10, then the turkeys are due near the middle 18th I think it is.

If the quail aren't to hatch until day 21 then that is tomorrow the rest could hatch. I'm hoping I get several more becasue I am having problems with the 3 I got a few days ago. They are so adorable but strange little buggars they are. I'm still trying to learn all I can about them.

I still have turkeys I have to learn about too. Don't know the first thing but I will by the time they arrive. I have a few more weeks.

Everybody here is very helpful and very knowledgable. And ready and happy to help. I sure to appreciate every bit of informaiton I have gotten from All the BYC'rs.

Quote:
I wish I oculd help you out. I will in the spring though. WE took our roos out becaue they are very sexually active and also brutal about it. I have been introducing young hens to the flock and don't want them tramatized by the roos violent habits. I'm hoping by the time I put them back there will be too many hens for them to over breed. They would have heart attatcks. I have 16 in there now, with another 5 waiting to get introduced. I have 5 new chicks from the first batch and hoping to get many more form the next 2 batches.

My Wydonettes and BR have been fighting for dominance and have been mean to the young hens. I'm working on breaking that habit too.

My broody hen#3 is due 6/3 today is day 19.
wee.gif

next broody #4 is due 6/5.
Moved the young birds I'll get the tractor ready today.
Still waiting for the eggs to come to set broody #5.
Trying to get eggs lined up for broody #6.
D.gif
husband said what are you going to do with all those chickens.
D.gif

Oops.... didn't see this until it was too late!
smack.gif
me

I have a broody setting silkie eggs due the 10th or 11th. I forgot the actual day I set them. I do that a lot! LOL
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Anyways... she's on 7 silkie eggs from my birds and 1 mystery banty egg. I know its half the size of my silkie eggs... and its a white/cream color too. The woman I got it from (they were in a carton of eating eggs she gave me) has like 5 different banty breeds. So we'll see if anything hatches... I ate the others and they were all fertile so I just shoved this one under the broody rump.
D.gif

Hooray for silkies and their constant broodiness.... keeps me entertained!!!
lau.gif

Hatch #1 - Ok, the eggs I took from my broody Cochin after it poured for 5 days and she stopped sitting are hatching!! Mind you, these eggs sat in 1/2 inch of water for 3 days before she got off and I snagged them...it's a miracle any of them are still alive! So far I have 3 little black Frizzle Cochins. These are all my grandchickies.
big_smile.png
3 eggs left, so we'll see!

Hatch #2 - The eggs I stole from my broody Silkie after it poured. There are only 4 left. Due 6/5.

Hatch #3 - The 4 eggs under my BL Polish (all her eggs). Due 6/14.

Back
Top Bottom