Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

I just found this thread!! I've been hatching Mallards and Rouens for the last few weeks now... 3 hatches under my belt and a 4th batch pipping in the bator now.
smile.png
BUT... I had read that Mallards take 28 days, and mine are all hatching at about 25-26, even with lowered temps. What the heck?

I am pretty sure mallards are supposed to take around 26 days, and the bigger ducks take 28. Actually, I know I read that, on metzer farms' website. It said mallards take 26.5 days, cresteds and runners take 29 days, scovies take 35 days, and all others (except calls) take 28 days
smile.png

One Duck egg hatched today!!!!!!!!!!!!! It pipped this morning and finished hatching out at 9:30pm tonight! I have 2 others that have started to pip and no signs on the other eggs yet. Today is day 28! I'm so proud of my one punctual baby!!!!!!

Quote:
Congrats! I have two duck eggs pipping right now, started at around 7:30 pm this evening. They were due to hatch on the 23rd, so are a couple of days early. But hey, that's ok by me.
wink.png

Quote:
Congratulations! Aren't they just so tiny, perfect and breathtaking to watch. So delicate, yet hilarious. Wonder if your are as energetic now as mine? Look like a frat party in your brooder yet? I gave mine chopped up boiled egg and it was all over the WALLS! They were THROWING it!!

Quote:
LOL...you guys would be APALLED at how many times I open the lid!
big_smile.png

It's a lost cause!
gig.gif

I take duckies out after hatch, and I take chickies out after hatch - I am not even opening this goose until I see feathers.

I so want it to come out ok!!!

No new action this morning, same old pip, but still rocking like crazy.

Rock on, little goose.

meri

Quick Question for my little duckie that has hatched. This is my first time with ducks! Do I leave him in the bator for 24 hours or should I put him into a brooder with food and water sooner? He hatched last night around 9:30pm. I have everyone eggs and Hatchling(s) in a hova bator still air. Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom