Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

I have to see how my little goobers do with their eye issue and make some adjustments to the home-made incubator before i set another batch. If just one had messed up eyes, I would inclined to blame the genetics of one of the moms. With it looking like I have 2 different moms, and a previous duckling with no eye problems from the same dad, I am thinking something in the incubator environment may have given them trouble.

Plus the fan is loud and I want to add some rubber washers to dampen the noise. And I also need to sanitize. So no new batch for me just yet.

^^^See that's why I chose a heating blanket as an incubator it seems more natural then blinding light^^^

The first duck I hatched in it didn't have eye issues. I did change some of the items in the bator between hatches though.

I tried to find a heat blanket when I was making it, but all of the ones in my local stores had automatic shut offs.

Hi!
I found this thread and really want to share my news with people who are feeling like I am:D My ducks are on day 5 and 13 out of 14 are devoloping! I am so excited. This is my first hatch since I was in 4-H
smile.png

You need to get the ones called sunbeam. here ill give a link.

hmm...I searched and looks like all the new ones are 10h shutoff. OH thats why when i bought it it was on clearance, probly illegal to sell now;) but you can craigslist one?

I had to move some bantam BR eggs to the hatcher tonight, so I candled my duck eggs due on the 9th. There are 2 of them with internal pips already!!!
th.gif
Guess that's what I get for setting them on Friday the 13th
tongue.png

wifezilla, are the little ones eye clearing up? Could you have used a chemical in the incubator that effected them? Keep us posted. I cannot wait for my duck eggs to hatch. I will have to get pic's of the babies I do have for you, 2 kind of look like Squishy.

No chemical I used, but maybe something in the sponges? Who knows. They are still crusting up, but they have found the water and I have seen them drinking. I need to pick up some saline solution and try that.

Back
Top Bottom