Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

I have one little mallard out and peeping if he sees anyone! I guess he didn't know that he wasn't supposed to hatch until the 8th! 4 others have pipped and one is in the process of zipping!

Emily in NC

I have 24 days to go and waiting.
caf.gif

I move the 4 call eggs to the hatcher tomorrow, and then I move 13 to the hatcher on the 10th.

I had a scare today. I took the top off the incubator while I was printing shipping labels, to cool the duck eggs for 10 min. Well, almost an hour later, I remembered the top was still off
barnie.gif
, I ran down to check the eggs, luckly they are all still alive. Stupid me!
he.gif

People dont realize how hardy eggs are. maybe its newtons law but some people think they are really strong or some think they are incredibally weak. Personally mine are strong as ever.

barnie.gif

barnie.gif

barnie.gif

There is NO WAY I'm gonna be able to keep my hands out of the bator.

I have 2 ducks internally pipped and my one buff goose.
wee.gif

Now, in my defense - they are early! They were to be switched over to hatcher tonight for days 25-28. But now that I KNOW they are internally pipped - I'm hopeless.
he.gif

Why do I do this to myself? I do not have the patience to hatch these guys...I simply don't.
caf.gif

I've got 4 of Asher's Australian Spotted ducks on day 25 tomorrow-They'll go into the hatcher. Then I have 5 of my ducks' eggs on day 25 a few days after that- so they'll be hatching next weekend! i hope I have Easter Duckies!
Lisa

My 2 little ducks are doing better every day. Their eye issue is clearing up. I had to apply some saline solution yesterday, but I think with the progress they made I will leave them alone today. The feet on the second hatch are almost normal. The first one still has some curled toes, but they do look better. I think it will straighten out at least enough for it to walk without trouble.

One is definitely a buff x khaki. It is the second one that hatched. It is a little larger and stronger than the first one...a runner x khaki. The buff cross looks like it has its mother's personality...obnoxious but cute
tongue.png
When I picked it up to check on its eyes, it tried to bite me! LOL

Quote:
We are on the same day!
celebrate.gif

Some of mine already have internal pips - but no action. I did candle this morning and they were all moving - so now I just need to leave them alone.

I hate waiting!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom