Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

::::insert Homer Simpson drooling::::

Ooooooooooo - wood ducks!
pop.gif

Hi,
I have a slightly dumb question. I have eggs due to go into the hatcher tomorrow and more on friday. I am not sure how I should get the dry babies out without disrupting my other eggs. Is there a way to do this?

Quick question. My son found and egg (duck) the other morning that was HUGE, so we thought we would added to the others we have in bator just for fun. It definitely has two yolks and looks good so far. Anyone have hatch an egg with 2 yolks? How did it turn out?

Quote:
Pe-shaaaawww - one little hatcher opeining aint't nothin'.
big_smile.png

(Don't listen to me - I'll corrupt every one of you!)

BTW - I don't know if this little lonely Pilgrim is from you or raindrop, but I'm happy one made it! They must be hard to hatch.

Oh, I hope mine made it!!
I was going to ask you how the Pilgrims were doing.

Don't worry DuckyBoys, I am a fellow incubator opener.
wink.png
I have a little Brinsea Eco and I was opening that thing every hour yesterday during my duckling hatch, they hatched like popcorn for a couple hours and things were getting crowded. Then I sprayed the eggs and put the lid back and humidity was up to 85% in no time.

9 babies in the brooder! One more has pipped since this morning, today is Day 29. Will post pictures soon.

I have one incubator with 3 type of eggs.. Turkey, Duck, and 7 days later I added chicken for showing the dumb turkeys how to eat.

Mine is due on April 30.. Time is so slow waiting..
he.gif

I just put muscovy eggs in the bator today
fl.gif

I remember reading something about not using a turner as duck eggs should be horizontal the whole hatch.. is that true? 35 days of hand turning does not sound fun!! LOL

Nancy

I havent had a chance to post but 8 out of 9 survived! One pipped but died the next day. They were due on April 16, 2009 but started coming April 12, 2009...Easter day! I got 1 April 12, 2009, 4 on April 13, 2009, and 3 just after midnight on April 14, 2009! Here are my babies....

4-14-0928.jpg

4-15-09.jpg

4-16-0928.jpg

4-16-0941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom