Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

Quote:
You should just leave them in there unless you absolutely have to open it! They can go without food or water for up to 3 days
smile.png

Baby goose is half out - bottom of the shell is just on it's butt, it's resting. Looks good, though.

The other eggs arent doing diddley squat
sad.png
guess I got one lone baby goose.

I can put him in with the ducks (Sloopy and Spiffy are big enough - hope they don't pick on him).

Unleeeessssss.... ShelleyD hurries and gets ahold of Chuck to see if I can take that pair of Pilgrim Goslings to keep him company
wink.png
btw - I heard peeping at the PO this morning when I went to pick up my Brahmas, Shelley, I am assuming those were the goslings
big_smile.png

btw also - my light brahma babies I ordered from Cackle hatchery look marvelous!! Nice leg feathering and not muddy looking (yet - hope they don't get muddy looking). They are smaller than the chicks I hatch here at home - but hatchery chicks are always smaller than home hatched, in my experience. They all seem healthy, though.

meri

Quote:
Pe-shaaaawww - one little hatcher opeining aint't nothin'.
big_smile.png

(Don't listen to me - I'll corrupt every one of you!)

BTW - I don't know if this little lonely Pilgrim is from you or raindrop, but I'm happy one made it! They must be hard to hatch.

Oh, I hope mine made it!!
I was going to ask you how the Pilgrims were doing.

Don't worry DuckyBoys, I am a fellow incubator opener.
wink.png
I have a little Brinsea Eco and I was opening that thing every hour yesterday during my duckling hatch, they hatched like popcorn for a couple hours and things were getting crowded. Then I sprayed the eggs and put the lid back and humidity was up to 85% in no time.

9 babies in the brooder! One more has pipped since this morning, today is Day 29. Will post pictures soon.

I still haven't gone up to the driveway to get my camera, but my little lavender is all fluffed up and looking ...errr...just like my embden! LOL..only with a darker bill.

I have to clean my disgusting hatcher today because I have 6 goose eggs that are internally pipped in the incubator right now - icluding that lonely pilgrim!

I have been so caught up in my goosing adventures that I have totally forgotten about the 30 duck eggs I have in there - saxony and runners. I really need to figure out what day they are all on and candle and see where I am at. I think some of them might be due to hatch this weekend.

ep.gif

Quote:
I saw a youtube video pf a lady that successfully hatch a double yolker. I am certain if you look it up on there it would help you tremendously!

There are a lot of naysayers about the double yolkers...I think you will be fine as long as you are VERY VERY careful and follow the instructions given about it.

The lady that was hatching it on youtube said it took almost two days to fully hatch them.

Also, do a search on here for it. It will yeild a lot of neagative throw-it-away type remarks, but also a few golden nuggets of interest, too.

Good luck on your twins!

Houston we have Gosling!!!!

He looks REALLY good
big_smile.png
I'm so happy - too bad he's the only one, but he is adorable!! He is resting right now, I'll get some pics when he fluffs up a bit more and can hold his head up better.

Now, too bad someone close by doesn't have another American Buff gosling for me to pair him up with. (him/her whichever
big_smile.png
)

He is about the same size as Spiffy right now, so I'm sure he'll do ok with the ducks. (Spiffy is - I think, lost track - almost three weeks old
lau.gif
if that shows ya how small the dang call duck babies are - for those who've never seen one). Sloopy (a week younger than Spiffy) is still smaller than the new goose baby.

I hope it's a girl goosey
big_smile.png

eta - ok, so I couldn't wait for the fluffing to commence....

P0003674.jpg

meri

Last edited:
My Buff duck has been sitting on 2 eggs around 27 days + or - She was off for awhile about day 2 or 3. She was attacked by a dog... Luckily I was able to stop the attack but she ran off an hid the better part of that day.
How long should I wait for them to hatch... If they don't hatch will she eventually quit sitting or will I have to take them away from her ?

Thanks for a reply

Mojo Chick'n :

Houston we have Gosling!!!!

Congrats, Meri!
And we have our first duckling!
celebrate.gif

This little girl hatched out while I was sleeping. Stayed awake for almost 30 hours just to see it, and I missed the hatch...go figure. But what a wonderful sight to wake up to.
clap.gif

WHduckling_B.jpg

Proof that my home made incubator works!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom