Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

My first duck to pip internally is now zipping. . .it had pipped last night. . .about 24 hrs from internal pip to external pip, and another 12+ to start zipping.

Wow, that was fast! They can take up to 2 days to hatch after they pip the shell, plus they should be internally pipped at least 3 days before they are due. They really take a long time!

Oh, that is so good to know, since I have quite a few left pipped that aren't doing much. .. and some not pipped, altho they are runners and I have heard can take a day extra. I keep staring at them willing them to do something. . .knowing this I can maybe be more patient
smile.png

On the upside, the first one to pip internally is now all the way out!!!!
ya.gif

S/he is sleeping now, but everything looks good, yoke absorbed, etc.

I have 1 little muscovy hatch!
All the other eggs were quitters some time back.
but 1 made it.

Oh yeah.... A friend is bringing some embden (sp) goose eggs tomorrow for me to put in the incubator!!!!!
I have no idea at all about goose eggs
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

How long for incubation?
How about humidity?
someone said they need cooled off and on?
Sprayed with water????

Last edited:
Right now in the incubators, 14 Indian Runner duck eggs and four mixed duck eggs. Then tomorrow morning putting in 13 more mixed duck eggs.
fl.gif

My Blue Swedish eggs arent here yet.

Just set 42 runner duck eggs. I have dewlap toulouse, sebastopol goose, buff goose, lavender ice goose, shetland goose, bourbon red turkey, bronze turkey, and 2 peacocks in the bator, setting my newly arrived frizzles tomorrow! Then, there is no room for ANYTHING!! Time to buy yet ANOTHER incubator!!! I think I have personally depleted the Genesis inventory of Cutler!
th.gif

A couple of dewlap eggs are on Day 27 on Sunday. I hope they keep moving and looking active!! Gonna have to start selling, eating, or cooking runner eggs since there is no room left in the bators for another 12 days or so. That's over 120 eggs!!!!

Quote:
You guys left so fast the other day, I forgot to send you with some eggs! I'm sorry!!
gig.gif

As for geese, they take from 28-32 days, depending on breed for one, and individuals for two. They really need to be cooled for 15 minutes a day after day 4, and misted with water sometime during the cooling. I try to mimick mama goose as much as I can, so they get misted right before the top of the bator is put back on. There is a thread that has a lot of info that I started this past winter about incubation of goose eggs, I'll find it for you. It's titled CALLING MISS PRISSY along with some other things
big_smile.png
brb

Here it is https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=107090

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry, can't help with Goose eggs. I had Only 1 duckling also. Poor little things. Doing good hanging out with the peeps for now.

OH MY GOSH! i only have one week left and all 14 pekin eggs are still in the bator and are still growing!!! its my first hatch EVER out of a homemade bator with pretty horrible odds, but they are doing okay! they were all from one girl.

Back
Top Bottom