who's hatching may 4

I have a chick hatching in a shoebox with a heating pad LOL
My Hen hatched 6 chicks on wednesday and tossed the remaining 4 eggs out of her nest so I brought them in the house. The chick pipped about two hours ago.

Michelle

OK, this is killing me. My one egg that pipped has not done anything since this morning. It's still rocking and rolling every now and then. We have the incubator upstairs in our bedroom. I'm thinking I'll be up all night watching/waiting! Ugh!
barnie.gif

We had a rough time with this hatch they would pip and zip a tiny hole and be there for 24+ hours and just get weaker we lost 2 that way . So after great debate the pros and the cons of helping we read tons of threads and waited again. Then last night one was in rough shape on deaths door we helped her out and she was limp we were pretty sure she would die. Hubby who was a diver medic jumped in and we took turns all nite giving her droper full of vita water and wet mash. At 5 am she was just laying there not opening eyes and all limp I held her and gave her tiny bits of water. I am Happy to report after lots of TLC all morn she is fluffy and running around. I might add that she also recieved beak to mouth tiny puffs of air after her entrance into the world. I cant believe hubby saved her and i can truely say he is now chick addicted
lol.png
tongue.png
Oh on a side note my hens got out i picked one up and was carring her under my arm and she jumped up and bit/pecked my face it drew blood GRRRR I never thought i would be slaped by a chicken.

Starry good luck everyone

Starry - my rooster (who normally loves me) got me yesterday and drew blood too. Yikes that hurts.

Still one hatched, two pipped. One of the pipped ones is starting to make some progress and has chipped more of the shell away. The hatched one has been in there for about 28 hours....

Back
Top Bottom