who's hatching may 4

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
I have 18 eggs out of the 38 that are looking good.And 3 under a broody in the barn going strong.Sharon's blue cochins,Trueblues show girls,and Jag only 1 of your's out of the 18 not sure what happened to them.But anyways who else is due next monday.Mine always seem to start on day 19 or 20 which would be next sat.sunday.

I am! 12 eggs in the incubator.. 3 are definitely clear and will be removed on day 18....others are looking pretty good, but several of them are very dark and hard to see anything.

They are just a barnyard "surprise" mix from one of our friends who has a flock of just about everything....

I haven't had much success with the incubator so I won't count my chicks before they hatch. I really have to find a decent thermometer...I have 3 in there all reading different temps and 2 hydrometers that are reading about 10 % apart! I need to calibrate them....

very good newdock!Did you get a new dock?AAanyways I hope we both have good hatches.I can't wait to see how mine turn out.My broody has a white roo unless the new cockrels are working which I know they have been so I want to see if any white turns up in the chicks.Last time I had a black and red cochin male but he had to turn to chicken stew he was attacking me all the time and leaving marks.Anyways and I really want to see how my showgirl eggs turn out as well as the blue standard cochins.

I'm jealous of the showgirl eggs. I can't find anyone out west in Canada that has hatching eggs. I've always wanted some!

What kind of incubator are you using? I have a hova-bator, forced air.

And no, I don't have a new dock, nor am I a doctor....just a combination of my married and maiden name
smile.png

Kellie and Grandpa:

How are you making out?

I took my 3 clear eggs out and gave them to my broody. I have put her into a rabbit cage in the garage, but I'm not sure she's sitting consistently enough to take good eggs out of the incubator and have her finish them off.

So instead, I will keep the 9 eggs in the incubator and if any hatch, I will give her the chicks.

Friday is day 18!

I have 28 out of 38 eggs due 5/4. Some Buff orps and black australorps along with a couple of bantam cochins...

lol.png

I have rouen ducks due May 5 I have some rouen and chickens due now I had 2 hatch on Sunday and Tuesday there were 3 more due then and they have not done anything. The others are due any day then the rest May 5 . I will never do stagered hatch again to much stress.

Starry in ON Canada

Back
Top Bottom