Who's In? 29 So Far! New Year's Resolution

Yes indeed Dixie... you're one of the ones I was thanking!!
big_smile.png

Nicola feel free... just send me a request!
smile.png

Noticed a couple more on FB confirmed the event... if you've got a BYC name please lemme know so I can put you in the tally (once)...

Wow, between FB and BYC there are already 10 of us... who knew?

Last edited:
wee.gif
YAY! Happy New Year Everyone!!

So far on FB it's showing 9 confirmed and 1 maybe... which is totally AWESOME!!

Shoot with this many we may even manage two acres converted.

Considering that one corn farmer said that the bag of nitrate stuff tells him to use 100lbs per acre but just to be safe he uses 180per... meaning 80lbs run off into the water... well one acre, or 80lbs, is awesome... but two would be even better!!

Well poo... I feel smart... I've edited that post HOW many times already... just looked and sure enough there's the title right there waiting.

Thanks Speckled... *blush* Perhaps my resolution shoulda been to open my peepers!

Joel Salatin, who runs Polyface Farms, says that Buying Clubs/CSA's etc are a big (and growing) part of his sales... about the only way for city folk to get farm fresh goods IMO... I mean they could each drive all the way out, but this way the produce is brought in... rather brilliant IMO.

We've got a Farmer's Market here in Arlington... on the best day there are three produce sellers, 2 chicken/beef ones one of those is also a cheese one... then inside there's honey, breads, some crafty things... and also that Homemade Gourmet mix stuff... which makes me think that organic isn't exactly a non-negotiable requirement to be a seller... haven't quite gotten up the nerve to ask yet... I know that the beef/chicken is, they say so on that part... but not one of them mentions it on the produce at all... I really need to buck up and ask, but I'd feel so bad if it wasn't and then I had to stop buying... eh, what a mess.

I'd join ya'll, but I already ONLY buy organic milk, fruit, veggies and sugar. Sometimes i buy the organic flour. I never buy the organic butter, but I do buy from a local dairy. we eat organic ground beef, and our own organic eggs and chickens. if i buy like a potroast, its usually not organic. we eat organic yogurt, cocoa, etc...

Back
Top Bottom