Who's right?

Sean D

Hatching
6 Years
May 21, 2013
Hi,

Please help to settle a friendly debate between my wife and I.

First, we think we have an Ameraucana but we are not sure.

Second, I believe that he is a cockerel my wife thinks she is a pullet. This is the first time we've had chickens. We have read a ton of information and have learned a lot thanks to everyone here!

What do you think?

What about this BO?

Thanks for your help!

Sean

Beautiful EE! Wow. It appears to be a pullet, if you can get a side pic of the Orp I will try to tell. I would lean closer to 7 weeks old. Very pretty birds!

This is the best shot of the BO that I have right now. After work I'll take another picture.

Thanks for your help!

Cockerel, that is a education guess. At this age the pullets have no, if any, color in their wattles and combs. Anytime he will start "talking" to you.

Shoot! The BO has all the personality. It will be a bummer to have to give it away, but we can't have a rooster. I really hope you are wrong! :)

It seems the cockerels usually do have all the personality. :( For your sake I hope I am wrong as well, but I don't think so. lol. They are usually bolder and more curious than the pullets.

So, it turns out the EE was a rooster! Unfortunately, we had to let it go, but fortunately, we found a good home for it. The BO has yet to sound off. I guess time will tell. Any other opinions/guesses as to the sex of it? It is about 7 weeks old.

Thanks,

Sean

So, it turns out the EE was a rooster! Unfortunately, we had to let it go, but fortunately, we found a good home for it. The BO has yet to sound off. I guess time will tell. Any other opinions/guesses as to the sex of it? It is about 7 weeks old.

Thanks,

Sean

Bummer! My Jubilee cockerel is 10 weeks old and has not sounded of yet....I still think cockerel....hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom