Who's the wizenhiemer?

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
I want to know who said that Runners do not go broody?
idunno.gif

Some one better come to my farm and tell my Runners that. I have girls from Metzers and Strombergs that have gone broody. These are beautiful upright ducks.

Not only that but a Khaki Campbell has now gone broody!
th.gif

My Muscovy broody girls are quite ticked off to have these girls in their coop with them all day. They tolerate them at night just fine but get mad as the dickens when they see them there all day and run them off the nests.

Heathens! They are all sitting on all these ducks eggs I have to gather every day. The Muscovy are sitting on marked eggs and I check every day to make sure no new ones are added. (As if!) But I don't want the Runners on eggs, too. I want eggs from the Runners and the Campbell.

he.gif
smack.gif
barnie.gif

lau.gif

Im sorry lol, that just sounds like something my ducks would do! Personally, id rather have the ducklings running around than all thse eggs
wink.png

Ooh how exciting! I really want one of my runner girls to go broody, cos my mum says we're not allowed to buy any new ducklings or buy eggs to hatch/incubate our own eggs but if they go broody she won't stop them
big_smile.png

His name is Popple!

DSCF4149.jpg

Oh. Wait. Wizenhiemer, not Weimaraner.
big_smile.png

You've got a few broodies there too, huh? I got you beat on the likelihood of runners setting, though... A couple years ago I had a BROWN LEGHORN sucessfully set and hatch a clutch. So much for them 'never going broody'. Right now I have ducks starting nests, ducks setting nests... and a couple broody EE chickens I'm planning on setting up with a nest of duck eggs each.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom