Who's turkeys are laying this season?

We have one white midget who started laying in December and hasn't stopped! She's young and once she was old enough to lay has just kept on going
smile.png

Quote:
One of my Bourbon Red hens tried to go broody last season, on just one egg even and she would even stay there when I took the eggs away and took her out she would get back in and try to set in an empty nest. I usually like broody birds but then I only had 3 hens and I wanted them all to keep laying so I could keep hatching and selling the poults, but this year, I will probably only be selling eggs.

my silly BR hen has been laying (here in ohio) for weeks!!! and we've had nonstop snow since dec!

silly girl....

Well I'm glad to hear all this, because my heritage bronze hen has been laying all week. We had a couple of "warm" days (temps in the 40's) and she thinks it's Spring!! It's going back down to 22 or so tonight. Usually mine don't lay until the last of April!!!! I was wondering if Susan's internal clock was messed up or something. Glad to know she's not alone.

My question is, do they lay daily, every other day or how often, I know that if I leave the eggs in the nest that they should start to brood the eggs after they have gotten their clutch. But I am wanting to incubate a couple of batches of eggs in the incubators 1st. i don't know a lot about turkeys and their laying behaviors. These are standard bronze.

Back
Top Bottom