Whose egg is it?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jtrknit, Jul 27, 2011.

1. jtrknit

jtrknit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Vermont
    Does anyone know of a good site where I can see good pictures of eggs belonging to the breed? I am suddenly unable to figure out which hens are laying which eggs. I have 6 layers--light Brahma, RIR, Golden Comet, Plymouth Barred Rock and 2 Buff Orpingtons. I believe all are laying, but they jump in and out of the boxes before I can collect, and some just sit and visit, I think, so that I am not sure what I am getting! Not really important in any way, except that I am curious. Thanks.

2. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I wanted to know who layed which egg too! I myself couldn't find a site with pictures of eggs, but since I had the time (stay at home mom) I set up a lawn chair to see who was laying. I slowly over a course of a few weeks figured out who was laying which egg! My Barred Rock lays a very pale brown egg, like someone put way to much cream in their coffee. It is also fairly round in shape. And my Golden Comet lays a nice typical brown egg like they sell at the grocery store, fairly large from the start too. I don't have any of the other breeds that you have mentioned. I have noticed that ones that are getting ready to lay are nervous acting, and panting alot right before an egg is layed. Then very thirsty after they have layed. These little ques along with the egg song have helped me figure out all their eggs! Now I can tell who layed what just by the egg!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by