Whose got what laying?

you have some awesome types of birds. do you ever sell any eggs or chicks? i live in az. if you do sell them would you ship? and how much. thanks. again very impressive collection!

Finally got my first egg from my brown eareds.Now everyone is laying,but the hens don't seem interested in setting.I've taken 25 eggs from my eliots and hopefully they will change their minds and set.The temminick male is setting and grey peacock hen is on 2 eggs again.First 2 were infertile so if these 2 are,I will need to switch the males around and see if that works.
In N.H.,Tony.

My two 1 year-old Red Golden hens have been laying for a couple weeks now. I was picking them up then I noticed one was starting to make a nest so I decided to wait and see what she would do. Went in last night and this is what I found:

Speaking of which, is there anything special I need to do for her? She has food and water just a couple feet away. I need to figure something out to keep the chicks from getting out.

My two 1 year-old Red Golden hens have been laying for a couple weeks now. I was picking them up then I noticed one was starting to make a nest so I decided to wait and see what she would do. Went in last night and this is what I found:

Speaking of which, is there anything special I need to do for her? She has food and water just a couple feet away. I need to figure something out to keep the chicks from getting out.
On the outside of the pen I would put a piece of wood so nothing can reach in and grab her,also a wire apron on the ground around the entire pen if you don't already have it.This will stop predators from digging under.
In N.H.,Tony.

The section that connects to is also closed in. I do want to put up some hardware cloth around thethe bottom so that when the chicks are born they can't get out. I' worried though us making noise and all will upset her.

The section that connects to is also closed in. I do want to put up some hardware cloth around thethe bottom so that when the chicks are born they can't get out. I' worried though us making noise and all will upset her.
Yes hardware cloth is an excellent idea.Also make sure there are no holes for the little buggers to escape.If you can put your hardware cloth on a night.I would use zip ties until she is done setting,or at least do the other sides of the pen and zip ties where she is.Do it quickly and as quiet as you can so you don't disturb her.Or wait until she gets off to feed and then do what you need to do.
What other species of pheasant do you raise?
In N.H.,Tony.

Just the trio of RG for now. I need to get more experience under my belt with them before I get anything more exotic. Although one day I'd like Temminicks or Impeyans. Can't afford a $200 mistake and with my current level of experience, that's what it would be. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom