Whose got what laying?

I
I just put her a 2yr old lady amherst roo in with her today so how many days to wait for fertile eggs?
Why did you wait so long?They start their courtship in Feb-March.I could tell you how long it takes for the male to fertilize the eggs.It is early in the season so I'm sure you will get some fertile eggs.
In N.H.,Tony.

Why did you wait so long?They start their courtship in Feb-March.I could tell you how long it takes for the male to fertilize the eggs.It is early in the season so I'm sure you will get some fertile eggs.
In N.H.,Tony.
I would have put one in but couldn't find one here in missouri my hen is just now a year old and I wasn't sure till she laid her first egg that she was a she lol I wish my roo that I had with her was the same age but a coon got into the area and got his head so I know now that I use 1 inch by 1 inch so that happened last month could he have fertilized her then? Before he died? New to pheasants sorry should I take the egg out that she has laid she is sittin on it

Last edited:
I would have put one in but couldn't find one here in missouri my hen is just now a year old and I wasn't sure till she laid her first egg that she was a she lol I wish my roo that I had with her was the same age but a coon got into the area and got his head so I know now that I use 1 inch by 1 inch so that happened last month could he have fertilized her then? Before he died? New to pheasants sorry should I take the egg out that she has laid she is sittin on it
Yes, I would take the egg out.You don't want her to set on just 1 egg.How long ago did your male die?I use hardware cloth everywhere.It is well worth the extra bucks to keep your birds safe from predators.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom