Why are big chickens such JERKS?

Dowie

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
My big chickens are the biggest jerks ever. They broke into the bantam pen while I was out. When I got home I couldn't find them - finally one of them came waddling towards me. Half of her beautiful tail feathers had been torn out.
hit.gif

Now these giant jerk chickens are free range. They roam up and down the backyard, stomping their jerky feet, and glaring at me with their little jerk eyes because I don't feed them every ten minutes.

My poor little girls live in a pen, because Smaug (our newest jerk) stands on them and EATS their feathers. Yes EATS them.

I wanna get rid of her, but DH likes Smaug's eggs too much.

JERKS they make me SO MAD!
somad.gif

I'm sorry they are jerks! I wonder why.

In any event why not keep THEM more penned up and let your banties roam?

Your description of their jerkitude cracked me up so bad. hahaha

But I agree with Erin. Perhaps pen them up and let the little ones roam?

I would LOVE to pen the jerks up, oh my, how I would love to. But they are giant stomping angry Attention Deficit Disordered feathered dinosaurs who ram into the pen and howl in rage whenever I lock them them up.

The little ones are reasonably content to live in captivity.

I'm thinking that chicken stew is the way to go, especially with Mrs Fatbutt Feathereater. She is NASTY.

I have a couple of bullies too----The new one year olds. Free range time goes in 3 day cycles around here....two month olds day 1, 6 month olds day 2, day three is the 1 year olds. Everyone seems to be happy with that. Just a suggestion, maybe your meanies will come 'round!

As much as I would hate to do it, perhaps a good chicken dinner is in your cards though.
sad.png

My little ones are bantam cochins, they are really small and not very good at running away. The big nasty girl is a Rhode Island White/White Leghorn. The other two big jerks are ISAs, and we have a useless bantam rooster who does nothing whatsoever to stop the Jerk Jamboree.

Back
Top Bottom