Why are "Eggland's Best" better then the average egg?

They are fed hormones and other chemicals to increase production and consistency. The birds are caged with no room to live any quality of life (RANT ALERT!)

15615_060405_eggland_hlg_2p_hlarge.jpg

WOW! horrid!

15615_caged20chicken.jpg

This is no way to treat a lady. (or anything else)

15615_free-ranging.jpg

Some companies think this is 'free ranging'

Never buy storebots again.
(END RANT ALERT!)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That's why I'm trying to save as many as I can. After their first year in the barn is up, they are gassed and turned into dog food. The four hens I have gotten from these places are the sweetest little things, not to mention they are the best layers I have. Mine do get to free range during the day now, although they will normally just follow me around begging for treats and wanting to be held, lol. If there is anyone in the just east of Charlotte area of NC who wants to help save some of the birds, let me know! The guy that saves them is going to have to start paying his boss for them (lost weight, but his boss understands saving them, but he has to make enough to run the company too). He's probably going to be charging $2-3 each for them, and they are well worth every penny. He may have some certified organic birds before long too.

Thanks,
Emily

Being one of the millions and millions of families who don't have any chickens that lay eggs yet, Anne buy's Eggland's Best because she thinks they're better than anything else in the store. She's a violinist and the concert master of the Indianapolis Philharmonic Orchestra, and during the season she spends hours rehearsing/practicing, i.e., like millions of other very busy wives, she doesn't have time to drive to a farm to buy better and fresher eggs.
Here's what it says inside the box:
"Thank you forr selecting farm fresh Eggland's Best Organic Eggs. Every hen that has been selected to lay Eggland's Best Organic brown eggs nests in a pleasant cage free natural environmend and is fed Eggland's Best's patented, all-natural, all-vegetarian diet.

Eggland's Best Organic is a result of cage free hens being fed a diet consisting of healthy grains with no animal fat and and no animal by-products. Our hens are only fed certified organic feed. In fact, both our feed and our entire organic program are independently certified by a USDA accredited agency.

... blah, blah, blah..."

They are better'n most.

Last edited:
OK! So they are fed a secret ingredient! Certified organic feed and only all-natural, all-vegetarian diet in a pleasant cage free natural environment. Isn't that nice! They must have their chickens running around on thousands of acres in on a bug free ranch somewhere.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

L&Schickens :

OK! So they are fed a secret ingredient! Certified organic feed and only all-natural, all-vegetarian diet in a pleasant cage free natural environment. Isn't that nice! They must have their chickens running around on thousands of acres in on a bug free ranch somewhere.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

No, all I was saying is that with hundreds of millions of people to feed, they try harder to be more humane and to provide a more and safer egg than their competitors do. I'd rather have theirs than any others in the stores where Anne shops.​

I've tried Eggland's Best and was not impressed. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's a slightly funky taste/aroma. Even before buying farm fresh, I just didn't like those particular eggs.

OK this is a Myth removal. The information is directly from the USDA.

Hormones are only approved for use in beef cattle and lamb production. They are not approved for use in poultry, hogs, veal calves or exotic, non-amenable species. Therefore, the phrase "no hormones administered" on a chicken label cannot be approved unless it is followed (directly) with the statement "Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in poultry.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/larc/Claims/RaisingClaims.pdf

Back
Top Bottom