Why are most BYC'ers female?

racuda

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
North Carolina
Just curious...
idunno.gif

Because we fall for the awwww factor and the DH's try to resist but eventually cave to the chicken addiction, but tries to hold a strong front.
tongue.png
Actually, I never noticed they were!

I think there are just as many guys as gals on BYC. I suppose you could do a poll about it (i.e. Are you male/female?) to find out. Of course, with 60,000 members, you'd need a lot of responses to the poll to get a good idea of the real demographics.
smile.png

There are a few of us males on here that are into the "nurturing animals" thing as well....don't think that's a female-monopolized area, but I do believe you might have more of an instinct for it.
smile.png

My excuse is that it was my wife that guided me to this site once she convinced me we needed chickens. (She's a member, but is more of a lurker than a poster). I was dead-set against having chickens, but it took me....oh....two minutes to fall head-over-heels for the little fuzzy butts, and I have been completely swept up in this addiction. Heck, my idea for the next flock actually involves a larger number of chickens than my DW had in mind!
Female, male....doesn't really make much difference. The folk on here really know their stuff and there is a lot of helping-out for we new people.
smile.png

I think there are way more women. I feel outnumbered.

That said, more women are closer to home............ where the chickens are.

Because the women are always sitting at home with nothing to do while the Men are working hard to pay the bills. We just do not have the time to play all day!!!

Quote:
lol.png
I hope this is a joke.

I can only speak for myself here. I am more into social type atmospheres on the net then my husband. I can tell you though that he has used my account to browse stuff on here though.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom