Why are most BYC'ers female?

Back to the regularly scheduled topic of "Why are most BYCers female"

lol.png

do we have any hard numbers on this? I'm wondering if women post more frequently than men; skewing the perception of population proportion.

Beats me. I think it's because we're more inclined to be chatty and sociable. Those of us who are at home, often don't have a lot of social interaction besides kids and livestock. So the computer becomes a way to keep in touch with other people, and we can do it when we have a few minutes here and there. Like when I'm doing garden stuff, get too hot, and have to come back inside to rest and cool off, or whatever. I have to take frequent breaks in whatever I do, anyway.

For the record, though I'm no longer working a regular job, due to disability, I do most of the household and farm stuff, I just do it slowly. For years, I did most of the household and farm stuff, and worked a regular full time job, and drove 75 each way to the big city to do it.

My DH does what he can, but he's a truck driver, so he's gone a lot. When he's home, it's hard to get him to just stop, and rest, which he needs to do more of.

Quote:
LOL, so true.
smile.png
And I really hope chickensrock9 was joking about the "women don't have anything else to do" comment, because we don't need any more misogyny in this world than we already have now.

Quote:
LOL, so true.
smile.png
And I really hope chickensrock9 was joking about the "women don't have anything else to do" comment, because we don't need any more misogyny in this world than we already have now.

yah, i was joking

Because females voice an opinion and never let it drop. The men may post once or just nod their heads to themselves, but let someone use the little quote function, females have HAVEHAVE to reply. The Y Chromosome removes this OSD in men.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom