Why are My Chicks are dropping like flys

sandbed1

Hatching
Jul 28, 2016
barnie.gif
Can anyone help? My chicks have been so well looked after but at the weekend i moved them out of my small brooder, into a larger one. They were all fit and healthy,but 1 by 1 was dying and it looks like all of them will. they have there heads down and look limp and lifeless,s they are large foul Brown Leghorns anyone who has these birds will no they are very flighty. can anyone help??? i have lost nearly 50 chicks
hit.gif

Cocci could definitely be a problem, but look at other things such as what type of waterer are you using? Is it a nipple waterer, and are they all getting enough? How is the heat where you live, are they inside or out? Are you using a heat lamp or not? Are there fumes from something that can make them sick? Coccidiosis can cause sleepy looking, weak, puffed up chicks, runny or bloody poops, not eating and ruffled feathers. Corid (amprollium) in the water--2 tsp of the liquid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days is the treatment.

How old are the chicks? Indoors or outdoors? Temps in the brooder? Pictures of the setup? What are you feeding? Have they had any contact with adult chickens yet?
More info needed.

They are all inside they feeding on chick crumbs they have heat lamp set up the right temperature plenty water. Sawdust and paper for bedding they have not been in contact with any chickens I will send pictures when I'm at home

Hi sorry I have just read some more of their comments yes some of them had bloody stools what causes this please

Cheers everyone who replied to my post.i think that the diagnostic is coccidiosis.thanks again for all the help
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Back
Top Bottom