Why are my hens suddenly so in love with me???????

Chickiemom1012

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Denmark
I just got my first egg from my hens this week. It is from my one hen Maureen and I have gotten 4 eggs so far. For a couple weeks now she has been overly friendly when I am by them and if I reach out to pet her she crouches down and puts her wings down, stickr her but in the air and wants me to ppet her.

I now have another hen that is starting to act the same way, I am wondering if she is getting ready to lay also. They have alsways been a little stittish unless I am bribing then with food, so I am wondering if the egg laying and their love for me are connected????? Any thoughts?

I read a funny post about someone else's hen doing this and they asked why also the response was...Your too sexy for your coop.LOL

I cracked up(no pun intended)
gig.gif

my hens sometimes do that when I pick them up. I might be wrong but it seems like a mating stance (they seem to brace themselves like that before/after the rooster mates with them). Maybe it's a submission thing.

I also noticed as my chickens became sexually mature they became a lot friendlier. They seemed to be going through their "teenage years" and wouldn't get or our laps or allow you to pet them. This has all changed now that they are grown.

I also wanted to ask this question..!

One of my "wild ninja girls", a virgin BSL of laying age, is suddenly much more docile and has squatted a few times to let me pet her, she gets very still, close to the ground, tail down and wings a bit spread out. So weird, she and her ninja sister normally avoid me like the plague!

S'up with that!

Is she laying eggs without me knowing about it??

I have 7 hens that are confirmed layers and 4 that, to my knowledge, don't lay yet but are way old enough (six months or so). The past few days I have been getting 6 eggs a day.

I would SO love to know who is laying!

I kinda figured they had a thing for me as I have no rooster (I have neighbors!) So wrong, they really are in love with me. Two of the other ones are starting to behave that way too. I am assuming in the next few weeks I will be getting more eggs. Right now I have only one hen laying.

My husband will love this, as he already thinks I am way to attached to my girls, and now to know they find me too sexy for my chicken coop boots is pretty hilarous!!!

Back
Top Bottom