Why are my Roo's NASTY???

Carolina_Chick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 21, 2009
Denver, NC
The other day both of my roosters (bantams) ganged up on me and attacked me. The OEG left, but the Sebright came at me again. I hit him hard with my shoe and he came at me again. I hit him hard again and he left. The Sebright chased my daughter across my yard and almost caught her before she got up the steps of the back porch.

Then I had my neighbor boy come over so I could pay him for looking after my babies when I was on vacation. As soon as he got into the backyard the Sebright chased him clear across the back yard and the side yard. Then chased him again when he started to walk across the backyard again.

The Sebright has not tried to attack me again, but that darn OEG does it on a regular basis regardless of how many times that I kick or hit him.

What should I do??
barnie.gif

Those bantams! Little birds with a big bird attitude. I am still waiting for my little mille fleur cockeral LOL! The 2nd one we had was one of the meanest roos ever and if he were a full size roo he be a killer. Unfortunatley Little Angus the II died. I am looking for a Angus the III! I am determed to have a docile little mille fleur roo that is nice so we can have bantam chicks:(

This may seem a little off but since my leghorn girl turned into a roo(now its Alice Cooper) He has really takin to chasin people. So this is what my man did,grabbed him,and carried him around as much as possible.He never goes after him now,he eats out of his hand! Now I just havent had time to do much of this but aim to(wearin armor suit first)

get a water spray mist gun. whenever he aproaches you in an offensive manor, squirt him . after a while, he will stop bothering you.

My neighbor boy has caught him more than anyone (they own chickens too) and the alpha roo still chases him. It is the most hilarious thing that I have ever seen, although its not nice.

My roos are about 4-4 1/2 mos. old. They started doing this about 3-4 weeks ago. I have an alpha and beta male and they get along fine. They even tag team the hens. The alpha (Red) will be in the front and the beta (Bucky) will bring up the rear.

My lakenvelders did the same to me so we rehomed one of them. The other one tried, I kicked him and then husband took him out of the pen and they had a "Jesus Talk". Now whenever he gets a little aggressive I put the garden hose on him and believe me he hates it, but he does come out clean
lol.png
Although I will say that he is a great roo until I pick up one of his girls and she screams so I guess he is just doing his job.

Back
Top Bottom