Why are My Silkies NOt Laying?!?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey yall last summer I hatched six silkies, and that was in the middle of last summer, so why haven't they layed an egg yet? I would think they were old enough, or am i wrong?

Thanks.

Its been pretty warm lately. In the seventies. My OEGBs are laying, and so are my other chickens, but just not my silkies. They are old enough, aren't they?

My silkies are 7 months now - going on 8 and not all have started laying. In fact, other than the two older ones, I believe only one young hen is laying. The roosters just started to crow also.

Do you think I could get any double yoked eggs? Because I hear that when pullets start laying they sometimes lay double yokers and i would like to hatch a double. And I know they would be fertile, I see them doing *it* everyday.......

I know what you mean!

My silkie girl laid for about a month this year and then stopped and hasent laid for about two months. They dont get very much light though because there in our basement. They would pretty much freeze if I put them outside in Michigan weather.

And I hatched them both out last April. So they just turned 1 year old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom