Why are My white rocks legs fat at 8 weeks

HFFFluvmychicksandchicken

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2020
I know I DID NOT GET BROILER SIGN Said WHITE PLYMOUTH CHICkENS i got them there still small there not big like a broiler would be in 6 weeks ik tat but there legs so are s fat and chunky like a broiler all of them and my other chikcs like my other breeds of chicks dont have it AND THEY EAT ALL DAY THERE NOT BROILERS CAUSE TE SIGN AND IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD BE IN ADULLT BODYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR IS IT NORMAL FOR PLYMOUTH ROCK BREEDS.

Last edited:

DaisyG2317

Songster
Jul 14, 2020
NW WA
I know I DID NOT GET BROILER SIGN Said WHITE PLYMOUTH CHICkENS i got them there still small there not big like a broiler would be in 6 weeks ik tat but there legs so are s fat and chunky like a broiler all of them and my other chikcs like my amercana and isa brown chicks legs are not that fat not even my naked neck frizzled feathher rhode island red mix chick AND THEY EAT ALL DAY THERE NOT BROILERS CAUSE TE SIGN AND IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD BE IN ADULLT BODYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR IS IT NORMAL FOR PLYMOUTH ROCK BREEDS.
A photo would be helpful here.

TheOddOneOut

Free Ranging
Feb 15, 2020
My imagination...
I know I DID NOT GET BROILER SIGN Said WHITE PLYMOUTH CHICkENS i got them there still small there not big like a broiler would be in 6 weeks ik tat but there legs so are s fat and chunky like a broiler all of them and my other chikcs like my other breeds of chicks dont have it AND THEY EAT ALL DAY THERE NOT BROILERS CAUSE TE SIGN AND IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD BE IN ADULLT BODYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR IS IT NORMAL FOR PLYMOUTH ROCK BREEDS.
They are meat birds, as people have told you.

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Well, you didn't intentionally buy broilers.. but mix ups at hatcheries and feed stores happen all the time.. Signs get mislabeled.

If just the legs are chunky.. and bodies are normal chick size.. they could be cockerel legs. Or they could be completely normal and you're just not used to them.. photo required to give more accurate answer. :caf

HFFFluvmychicksandchicken

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2020
Well, you didn't intentionally buy broilers.. but mix ups at hatcheries and feed stores happen all the time.. Signs get mislabeled.

If just the legs are chunky.. and bodies are normal chick size.. they could be cockerel legs. Or they could be completely normal and you're just not used to them.. photo required to give more accurate answer. :caf
nvm i just found there not actally Not broilers thats normal for white rocks infact they start laying eggs and they dont eat to munch anymkore which is werid cause when they were little they eat its because white rock chickens are like that

Top Bottom