Why are people so rude on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by happyhensny, Mar 25, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Just posted some chicks for sale on Craigslist and someone actually posted stating that they are too much money and that someone could order them through the mail for "way cheaper" than I have them listed for. [​IMG] After buying them, picking them up at 4:30am, setting up the brooder, changing it every day to keep them clean, wiping those fuzzy little butts, feeding, etc. ! If someone either does not want them or possibly they are trying to sell their own and think I may be competition-If you don't have something nice to say, please do not say anything....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] somad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow, thanks....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Because they can hide *anonyomously* behind their keyboard and computer screen...

3. happyhensny

The thing is that I said that they were just pet quality, not show and I am not holding them down taking their money... GEEZE!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Exactly amazing how ten foot tall and bullet proof they become.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    don't waste your time thinking of it. there are people who do nothing but patrol forums (like craigslist and BYC) to make uncalled for comments, try to 'teach' people lessons and just make a nuisance of things.

ignore them. don't feed them. that's what they want. like a child throwing a tantrum, negative attention is better than no attention.

i bet your ad was great and no matter what you charge for goods or a service, that is your decision and your decision only. it isn't up for debate from the peanut gallery. [​IMG]

6. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    They are trolls & need to get a life - that's why.
    Don't let it get you down. [​IMG]

7. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Correct! TROLLS! Can't say anything nice and thrive off of making others miserable or upset [​IMG]

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:don't use the word 'just' it degrades your product. say it in a positive way, such as, "These chicks are perfect for a backyard flock or a pet."

don't tell them what they are not good for. chat yourself up! confidence is half of a sale.

i hope you sell everything! [​IMG]

9. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Yeah, that was pretty rude. I'd report that post. Maybe you are competition for this person and they wanted to sell their chicks on CL. Whatever their reasoning, it was wrong and none of their business what you sell your chicks for.

I'm pretty new to it myself, but my first post to CL has been wonderful! Would you believe that a fellow BYC'er responded to my post requesting hatching eggs. She's been a real dear and I'll be getting a dozen EE eggs this upcoming weekend. I'm stoked!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  10. happyhensny

Thank you all so much!![​IMG] They are soooooo cute-I will look at them and it will be all better. And, if I don't sell them then I will have lots of fluffy love to share![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by