WHY are still...

Saskatchewan doesn't change and I loved it when I lived there. Now I have to change.
barnie.gif
hit.gif

I got very little sleep last night due to the time change. I was asked to pick up a (morning) shift today. (I work nights). I was so afraid I wouldn't get up in time and then, when I did (several times) I obsessively checked my watch and my cell phone to try to figure out just what the heck time it really was. I hate this, and it will be really bad next spring. (I admit, I tend to stress over little things). My roos were crowing at 4am (or was it 5?)

I think it is Indiana that has PARTS of the state that does not do the daylight savings time thing. I could be wrong, but I think that's what a relative that lived their told me.

Wasn't it originally Ben Franklin's idea with turning back the clocks?

There was a time when parts of Indiana didn't change time.

I truly wish that we would stay with CA time and that we would fall back with them.

well sunset will be at 4:35 here and if we didn't change the clocks that means the elementary school kids in my town would be getting off the bus after dark and I don't think that's a good idea.
My road is so busy I'm worried enough when my grandson gets off the bus.

Quote:
I don't follow. You realize it's going to get dark earlier now right?

I hate it. I think it's just man trying to play God. Since the beginning of time man has tried to control things that are really out of our hands.

If we didn't change the clocks here, the kids would be having to wait for the morning bus in the dark. Eventually they end up in the dark as we get even shorter days, but nothing like the deep dark they would get if we didn't change them.

When I was a teenager in Ketchikan Alaska we were on Pacific time with Seattle. There were 5 time zones in Alaska. Then the state decided to simplify things by eliminating 3 time zones so there would be only 2 in the state. (There is still a 3rd way out in the Aleutians) Ketchikan ended up 1 hour earlier than Seattle. Some of the locals in Ketchikan refused to change and for about a year there was two times in Ketchikan. Depended on where in town you were.
lol.png

Imp- that was loads of fun

Back
Top Bottom