Why are they so unhappy?

My only whiner is the roo. and I blamed it on molting since it started about that time. He still does it, it's been a month now w/out any reward from me (no guilt, whining didn't work from the kids). Hope it quits once his feathers are in and he feels handsome again.

I don't think it is that they are unhappy, but more like a kid whining for something in the store... Accept these ones have feathers!
big_smile.png

I look at their baaaaaak baaaaaak's as happy noises 'cause they are so happ to see me.
lol.png
Now you tell me that they are whining and complaining. Talk about busting my bubble.........
hit.gif

That sound means totally the opposite thing. (If it's the same I know). They always do that when they are all excited because of new treats, or before laying or always in happy situations.

I think the sound she's talking about is the grumble they do, kinda like talking to themselves when they are scratching around. it kinda looks and sounds like a little lost boy kicking the dirt and grumbling.

All the chickens I've ever had made the slow "baaaack, baaack," sound and I always associated it with being content and happy. When they made the short, loud, "Bok- Bok- Bok!!" sound, they were not happy, as when one was being chased or picked on by another. At least, that was my interpretation of it.
Ellen J.

All the chickens I've ever had made the slow "baaaack, baaack," sound and I always associated it with being content and happy. When they made the short, loud, "Bok- Bok- Bok!!" sound, they were not happy, as when one was being chased or picked on by another. At least, that was my interpretation of it.

This is how I take it too.​

Back
Top Bottom