Why can't things ever just go smooth!!

TMNTCkins

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Valley Springs California
We finally found a house to rent. 2800 sq ft on 5 acres, can take all the animals. Needs some handyman work so the rent was lowered. We signed the 1 yr lease yesterday and started cleaning. We had the kitchen lights on and pluged the vacuum in and the lights flicked off. Husband goes to find the box looks around and the wiring in this house is soooo messed up. Now we are thinking what did we get ourselves into???? We are meeting with the landloard today to see what he says. He just bought this place so I'm sure he doesn't even know. We are hoping he will just have it fixed so we can still move in. To much work for us to do and you need someone that knows what they are doing so it is done right. I guess life would be dull if things went right for once.
Sorry just needed to get this off my chest.....

This too, shall pass.

Hey, at least you have a place to move to where all the animals can go with you..... and.... you know it will be clean, cause you are the one cleaning it...

Hang in there, it will all work out!
hugs.gif

uh i hate moving into new places sometimes! what ap ain i really feel you the last place we moved from we only stayed 8 months the landlord told us what a great house it was and it sure looked it! untill the first night when the heat quite working (in febuary with snow on the ground) when after the first week the upstairs bathtub leaked andd made a small portion of the cieling cave in,when after 2 months the hot water wouldnt turn off and the landlord refused to fix it, when on day one the neighbors went scavenging thru our garage and broke the window,andwalked into our house uninvited to go thru our fridge,when after the 5 month we were fined for having a refridgerator behind the garage without a lock on it (even though it was there when we movedi n the landlord erfused to pay for it or move it) when the upstairs toilet stopped working and flooded the upstairs,when the upstairs windows were not sealed properly and bats were using the house as a cave,when the house smelled of human wastes becuase the pipes bursts and flooded the basement,and last but certianly not least in month 8 when my sister was coming iin thru the front door and the floor being so rotted she fell right thru. and we were paying close to 600 a month AND expected to pay for all the damges (he took us to court after we moved out andh ad to pay 2000 dollars to have it all replaced) thankfull we are in a much MUCH better house now and down paying for that piece of crap! i hope your house turns out to be better then ours!

Quote:
I really hope it works out. It needs work and we new that before moving in, but we keep finding more things that need to be done. Sor far the landlord has been great. So keeping fingers crossed!!

Back
Top Bottom