Why did my silkie die suddenly?

Blondiechic

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
I have two silkies and I just love them. Yesterday the garden man came and mowed our back garden (they have a house and run in there), usually they put themselves in their house in disgust. I looked, saw Fizzy and assumed Coco was next to her; they are always together - until later in the afternoon when I found Coco on the outside of their run. I have NO idea how she managed that, but was relieved to see the big girls had accepted her. I gave her a cuddle and she complained about her day and I put her back in her run - she took herself off to bed - about half an hour earlier than usual, I put that down to the trauma.
This morning much to my utmost horror when I went out to let them out she had left her bed and was dead on the floor of her house. I have no idea what happened - could it have been the stress of her adventure? She was so happy and was laying eggs, very busy and bustled about. I am so very upset - now I have Fizzy in the house with us until I am able to get her more company, but I am not overly keen on that. I really cared for Coco and want to know if I caused her to die. She wasn't even a year old and I got her from reputable Silkie breeders, she was very pretty.
Advice please?!

Sorry to hear about your chook. I had a silkie die last week too. I haven't had chooks long so it was sad.

I have two silkies and I just love them. Yesterday the garden man came and mowed our back garden (they have a house and run in there), usually they put themselves in their house in disgust. I looked, saw Fizzy and assumed Coco was next to her; they are always together - until later in the afternoon when I found Coco on the outside of their run. I have NO idea how she managed that, but was relieved to see the big girls had accepted her. I gave her a cuddle and she complained about her day and I put her back in her run - she took herself off to bed - about half an hour earlier than usual, I put that down to the trauma.
This morning much to my utmost horror when I went out to let them out she had left her bed and was dead on the floor of her house. I have no idea what happened - could it have been the stress of her adventure? She was so happy and was laying eggs, very busy and bustled about. I am so very upset - now I have Fizzy in the house with us until I am able to get her more company, but I am not overly keen on that. I really cared for Coco and want to know if I caused her to die. She wasn't even a year old and I got her from reputable Silkie breeders, she was very pretty.
Advice please?!
Sorry to hear this, I searched for the reason why my year old Silkie just died! She was happy and thriving although a little sluggish the day before. Then this morning we found her in her last moments with us and it was quite heart breaking.

Back
Top Bottom