Why did they do that on Survivor!

Quote:
No problem, and I hope they do realize their mistake.
tongue.png

We were all yelling at our screen too!!!! Beanie and Peanut both thought that was a lame-brained move. The only thing we can think is that they didn't know that no rooster was necessary...... sily people- roosters are for eating!
wink.png

I watched that with my husband who grew up in the city and doesn't care much for chickens, doesn't eat eggs and isn't really involved in my hobby at all. Even he (clueless as he is about chickens) said, "Why are they taking a hen? Wouldn't it make more sense to eat the rooster?"

I was amazed that he knew the difference and knew the rooster wasn't needed for egg production. If a clueless city boy like my husband knew the difference - how did those people not make the connection?

In the end, I don't think it makes sense to keep any of the chickens around for egg production because they give them so few chickens and there's so many people to feed and you know chickens don't lay well after they're relocated.

This is symptomatic of America in general. Never mind that a huge percentage of people can't even find America on a world map any more......I suggest you read The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - A Chronological Paper Trail if you really want to understand why we are in the shape we are in, and why it's only going to get worse.
PLEASE vote in November...............
DD

We were the same way, wondering why they took the hen. Maybe they didn't know the difference between them? It's not like the coop was really too big for them to try and catch the rooster.

not ONE single person (except the one that's raised chickens) I've talked to about our chickens knew that you did not need a rooster for egg production. I have no doubt, that if the hundreds of people I've mentioned it to didn't know, then 9 people with hardly any 'farm' experience definitely didn't know. I have it on tivo, so I can't wait to watch.

Back
Top Bottom