Why do I even pay extra?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 16, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I mailed out 3 large, heavy, pricey packages yesterday and made sure they all had delivery confirmation...

Yet, checking this morning, they weren't even scanned in. Why are we charged extra for something they won't even use? No offense to any postal workers, it's just the system I suppose. I'm sick of paying higher and higher prices for the same cruddy service. I don't understand this at all... and I'm one of the people that leaves nice gifts in the mailbox for my carrier periodically! So it's not like I hate the USPS workers.

I just want to scream. [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Yeah....delivery confirmation is pretty much worthless.

Even WHEN it's scanned in like it should be, it only says that the package went out to the carrier for delivery. Doesn't guarantee or confirm much of anything really...

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I wish UPS and FedEx would ship eggs... Tracking is so easy with them. [​IMG]

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Delivery confirmation does nothing more than tell you when it was delivered. In most cases you can't track it in between. It gets scanned at the starting point and it's final destination. I had a priority package take 10 days to arrive and the tracking number was worthless other than to tell me on the 10th day that it had been delivered to my house... yes it was eggs [​IMG]

5. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Quote:I've had eggs shipped to me through UPS before and those were some of the best hatches I've EVER had!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I had four or five Del Conf never even get scanned at the destination. I demanded, and got, my money back. Service paid for but not provided.

7. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    If you print your shipping label using the online click n ship ... delivery confirmation is free. You also get a discount on your shipping cost.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by