Why do people do such stupid things?! RANT - w/ pic

As a Vet Tech, I have seen it all. I could go on for days with stories of the stupidity of some people. I agree that if you can't afford proper care of a pet, don't get one. It is a life and deserves proper care. One of my biggest pet peeves is to get a dog, chain it to a dog house, throw it food and water and call it a pet.

Why on earth would you give a puppy horse dewormer, especially in that kind of dosage? Nevermind.... people just amaze me sometimes.
th.gif

Worst thing is that she'll probably just get another puppy.
barnie.gif

what they think of "a little knowledge" to handle worming and such on their own---UGH--Arghhh....

I do tons of my own vet work and all that on the farm.....but I learned the correct way and correct meds etc. to give.
And after learning I was hesitant to do it..LOL

People hear someone say----oh yes I use X on puppies or goats or horses" and then they think they have "knowledge" to proceed.

A "little" knowledge of anything is dangerous.

Poor puppy. Hope it does OK!!

Quote:
An old friend once gave her horse a vaccine that hadn't been refrigerated properly and the horse died. I couldn't take the stress after seeing her go through that, so I cheat and just pay to have the vet do it.

I hear you.
I learned exactly what needs to be done and handled. I too was chicken to do my own shots and stuff at first.
After 12 years... I truly know what to do. I handle all shots on the farm with horses to goats to cattle..LOL

Sorry to take over your rant but...I have a GS that I have raised since a pup he will be six years old on the 17 th!
He lays at my feet always! When I get up at night to go to the bathroom he follows and waits outside the door( unless if I leave the door open ) until I go back to bed! Faithful! Never barks and loves his Missy ( maltese poodle/ pom mix! CJ is gentle with my grandson and tolerates hair pulling and being ridden by a 18 month old! His brother Bear was givin to my Brother In Law and was put on a chain for a long time...now hes confined to the home mostly and has bitten one little boy and just the other day bit a teenage girl and she had to have ten stitches! He tried to get my DH the other day and my DH has no fear so he placed both hands firmly in his mouth and was about to...well you know! But my sil was gonna cry so he made the dog go to their room! The aggressive behavior of this dog scares me..I dont even wanna go in their house any more! These two dogs couldnt be more opposite! Just goes to show you get out of a pet what you put in it!

Quote:
It was just a gigantic overdose. The dog is a "Chug"....1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 pug. In other words, a mutt that someone is selling for way too much money.

The good news is she made it through the night and seems to be slowly improving. Here she is n her box on the heating pad...

15626_dscn1995.jpg

Back
Top Bottom