Why do people do this?

Awwww....such a cutie. As BarredRockMom stated, check local PetSmart, Tractor Supply and local animal shelters for rabies clinics. I saw a random sign one time for a clinic that was being held at the local mall. They had a variety of shots and offered nail trimming services too. Very cheap. I believe I saw the sign in the vestibule of the local grocery store.

I have 7 cats, I can sympathize. If you want to give me your general location I can see if I can find some low cost solutions for you.

Thank you that's very kind of you. I live around the Oshkosh, Appleton area (WI).

I understand why they're drawn to you, I love you too! Thank you so much for helping her!

Haha thanks. I couldn't ignore an animal if I think it's in trouble or needs help.

Try calling your local pet supply store, Tractor Supply, call your local Animal shelter, & search on-line for local, low-cost shot clinics. You should be able to find a group that will work within your budget & schedule.

People dump animals because they can & they're too stupid & lazy to drive them to a shelter...most of which are disgracefully over populated because people are too stupid, lazy & irresponsible to either spay/neuter or keep their pets inside.

There are exceptions to that broad, sweeping picture, granted, but not many in my experience.

Yes, unfortunately, a lot of people are careless about their animals. But thank goodness for animal shelters, foster homes, etc. that will take them in to find better homes. Thank you, I'll look into that. Now that you mention it I remember seeing a sign for shots at my TS a few weeks ago.

The SPCA nearest your area would be a good resource. They usually offer low-cost clinics, including spay/neuter.

People will always dump, because they view animals as disposable.

And people like us will always pick them up, because we know better.

Yes, it's just hard for me to comprehend how a person could have that view towards animals. I'll search into that. I love SPCA and similar organizations. They provide so many services for pretty much any animal problem, even wildlife.

Sounds like you have this covered. Good for you, that's a cute kitty, and I'm glad that kitty has a good home.

I live on a farm and have animals dumped here constantly. And I do mean, constantly... nearly every week there is some new poor animal, some weeks 3 or 4. There are WAY more than I can personally deal with; I've helped a few find homes and kept one cat myself, but this is ridiculous, we are talking about close to 150 animals in a year. I live right on a highway and I guess people think this is just a great place to dump animals.

For anyone reading this who believes that "we'll just take Fluffy and drop her off at the farm, they will give her a good home", that is NOT what is happening. Instead, Fluffy often ends up starving to death... or being eaten alive by coyotes... or laying in a ditch bleeding to death after getting hit by a car. If Fluffy is a dog, these dogs pack up and start killing livestock and then they get shot. (That's if they don't get hit by a car, killed by a coyote or starve to death first, of course.) In other words, Fluffy generally dies a horrible lingering death.

PLEASE. For anyone reading this that is considering dumping an animal: DO NOT DO IT. You are creating unimaginable suffering. PLEASE take the animal to a shelter. There are a small percentage of stories that have a happy ending like this kitty, but it's not the majority. I know: unfortunately I have to watch the poor things die, since there is no way on earth I could even afford to feed the (by now) thousands of animals that get dumped here.

Thanks for letting me rant... this really gets under my skin. I love animals and hate watching them die, one after the other. It's really awful.

There are just a lot of thoughtless , inhumane people in the world. I hope that she is acting normally now. The 'going around in circles' is a little problematic to me. The last animal I saw doing this was a rabid skunk that I shot in my back yard. :oops:

Sounds like you have this covered. Good for you, that's a cute kitty, and I'm glad that kitty has a good home.

I live on a farm and have animals dumped here constantly. And I do mean, constantly... nearly every week there is some new poor animal, some weeks 3 or 4. There are WAY more than I can personally deal with; I've helped a few find homes and kept one cat myself, but this is ridiculous, we are talking about close to 150 animals in a year. I live right on a highway and I guess people think this is just a great place to dump animals.

For anyone reading this who believes that "we'll just take Fluffy and drop her off at the farm, they will give her a good home", that is NOT what is happening. Instead, Fluffy often ends up starving to death... or being eaten alive by coyotes... or laying in a ditch bleeding to death after getting hit by a car. If Fluffy is a dog, these dogs pack up and start killing livestock and then they get shot. (That's if they don't get hit by a car, killed by a coyote or starve to death first, of course.) In other words, Fluffy generally dies a horrible lingering death.

PLEASE. For anyone reading this that is considering dumping an animal: DO NOT DO IT. You are creating unimaginable suffering. PLEASE take the animal to a shelter. There are a small percentage of stories that have a happy ending like this kitty, but it's not the majority. I know: unfortunately I have to watch the poor things die, since there is no way on earth I could even afford to feed the (by now) thousands of animals that get dumped here.

Thanks for letting me rant... this really gets under my skin. I love animals and hate watching them die, one after the other. It's really awful.
I have friends who have farms right by the highway, and this happens to them all the time as well. So irresponsible that these jerks dump their pets, and put this onus on you. It must be awful. (I'm trying to keep my post rated PG, but there's so much more I would say and do to these creeps if I got hold of them!).

Thanks for doing your best.

There are just a lot of thoughtless , inhumane people in the world. I hope that she is acting normally now. The 'going around in circles' is a little problematic to me. The last animal I saw doing this was a rabid skunk that I shot in my back yard. :oops:

Well she's sleeping on my lap now. She's eating, drinking, but hasn't gone the bathroom yet. Probably because she hasn't eaten recently except after I got her home. I think it was just from confusion or not knowing what to do with herself. I get nervous at the mention of rabies. :thI hope I don't run into rabid predators. It's already worse enough when they aren't.

Too Cute!

I can’t believe some people. How can someone just leave their animals!

We drove about 10 miles to get windshield wiper fluid and after bought it my husband opened the hood to fill it up.

But instead found a massive male cat stuck inside! He must have crawled underneath during the night. We found him a home though.

Attachments

• 32CC208D-8672-4649-9C35-B342A88BDEC7.jpeg
    32CC208D-8672-4649-9C35-B342A88BDEC7.jpeg
    971.3 KB · Views: 6
Our lovely state has shut down any immunization clinics. They used to be offered at local pet shops, even TSC. But, apparently the vet lobbyists felt they weren't getting enough of the $$$, so such clinics (that were run by reputable veterinarians) have been made illegal. I was able to take cats or dog and get all shots plus a well animal check for less than $50. Now, a visit to the vet = a minimum of $100.

That's a beautiful kitten, I'm glad someone like you found her (or she found you).

Back
Top Bottom