Why do people do this?

Here is a few updated pictures of her.:love She's gotten bigger already and loves to play ALL. THE. TIME. :smack Her stomach was hard at first but now it's soft and pudgy lol and overall she looks a bit more healthy. Also, she's scared of the dogs (she must have never seen one) and so she's confined in one room until she gets used to them (and vice versa).
So far only one of my cats like her (Handsome a.k.a. Storm) who I raised since he was a day old (he's a year old now). He understands being a cat orphan :hugs I haven't named her yet but I have a few ideas. Galadriel, Arwen, Cleo, or Callie are a few...
DSCF0903.JPG

DSCF0908.JPG

Here is a few updated pictures of her.:love She's gotten bigger already and loves to play ALL. THE. TIME. :smack Her stomach was hard at first but now it's soft and pudgy lol and overall she looks a bit more healthy. Also, she's scared of the dogs (she must have never seen one) and so she's confined in one room until she gets used to them (and vice versa).
So far only one of my cats like her (Handsome a.k.a. Storm) who I raised since he was a day old (he's a year old now). He understands being a cat orphan :hugs I haven't named her yet but I have a few ideas. Galadriel, Arwen, Cleo, or Callie are a few...
View attachment 1206878
View attachment 1206881

Awwww, she is sooo cute!!! :love

Glad you got this little girl! But I just want to say, $800 for a neuter is off the wall expensive! :eek: Is there any other reputable clinic nearby?

That is one lucky cat and boy what a surprise!!!

Yes, it was shots as well and de-worming, but, still expensive. There is another, but it costs just as much. There is a cheap place to neuter/spay, but it's all the way in Madison (couple hours away) and at that time we didn't want to travel all that way. This time we probably will unless we find somewhere closer.

The shelter/pound in the town I grew up in charged people for dropping off unwanted pets. Maybe that's why some just dump them in the country, it doesn't cost them anything.

That never made a lot of sense to me...I would think charging someone to drop off a pet at the pound just increased the number of animals dumped :confused:

Not making excuses for those that do the dumping of course.

Yeah I agree that it does seem to be counter intuitive. But I suppose the shelter would need the money to pay for the needs of yet another animal. And, even without the cost some people will still dump so I am not sure that it really makes much of a difference, except for people who are giving up their animals because they can't afford to keep them.

Back
Top Bottom