Why do people do this?

If she has ear mites that can cause circling and weird locomotive problems. ;) Cute kitten, she'll be a good one.
Well she's sleeping on my lap now. She's eating, drinking, but hasn't gone the bathroom yet. Probably because she hasn't eaten recently except after I got her home. I think it was just from confusion or not knowing what to do with herself. I get nervous at the mention of rabies. :thI hope I don't run into rabid predators. It's already worse enough when they aren't.

Apparently around where I live is a dumping grounds for unwanted kittens. A few years back I found a kitten whom I rescued (later named Jules; she died a few months ago- hit on the road. She was the best cat ever). Last night, I found a kitten on the road just kind of going around in circles, staying in one place. It's very friendly and appears to be pretty healthy. Eyes and ears look clear, besides a little earmites. She's either real chubby or has some worms. Looks to be about 2, maybe 3 months I would guess. (And yes I already checked to make sure she didn't belong to somebody else near where I found her). I'm currently debating on whether to take her to the vet but small animal care is very costly so I might just deworm her myself (we spent 800 just to get one cat neutered). I already have earmite medicine. That's the thing though, is that people will just abandon a cat somewhere even though they're relatively healthy. But even if they weren't it is still inexcusable. It just makes me wonder why and how a person does this. It's just irresponsible and careless.
Here's a picture.
View attachment 1199914

Glad you got this little girl! But I just want to say, $800 for a neuter is off the wall expensive! :eek: Is there any other reputable clinic nearby?

Too Cute!

I can’t believe some people. How can someone just leave their animals!

We drove about 10 miles to get windshield wiper fluid and after bought it my husband opened the hood to fill it up.

But instead found a massive male cat stuck inside! He must have crawled underneath during the night. We found him a home though.

That is one lucky cat and boy what a surprise!!!

Too Cute!

I can’t believe some people. How can someone just leave their animals!

We drove about 10 miles to get windshield wiper fluid and after bought it my husband opened the hood to fill it up.

But instead found a massive male cat stuck inside! He must have crawled underneath during the night. We found him a home though.
How about this one? Apparently she hit him but somehow didn't notice, he was fine but rode there for 50 miles...
BOBCAT%20TRAPPED%20in%20grill%20IN%20GRILL_1511736276608_4561764_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/national/woman-arrives-at-work-to-find-bobcat-stuck-in-car-grill

The shelter/pound in the town I grew up in charged people for dropping off unwanted pets. Maybe that's why some just dump them in the country, it doesn't cost them anything.

That never made a lot of sense to me...I would think charging someone to drop off a pet at the pound just increased the number of animals dumped :confused:

Not making excuses for those that do the dumping of course.

Back
Top Bottom