Why do people let their kids do this

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RogerTheChicken, Jan 19, 2015.

1. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    I have a friend who was at the flea market with me and he always brings chickens to sell, he had some gorgeous pidgeons with him, and this kid came and got in the pidgeon cage when we were not looking, grabbed a pidgeon and started strangling it, he ended up killing it by the time we turned around, and the parents were right there the whole time just laughing their heads off and then they said they weren't gonna pay for it. My question is why do people let kids do stuff like this? :mad:

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    That is super aggravating that some people have absolutely no morals and thereby teach their children that they too don't have to have morals, or common sense! What a terrible situation. So sorry for your friend, plus the trauma it has caused anyone else who cares. I would encourage your friend to create a sign that states something like "NO ENTRANCE. Anyone violating this rule will be held financially responsible." I would make sure the owners of the flea market are aware of the problems he has had as well. Hope this helps.

3. bigbuddha09

bigbuddha09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2014
    nampa idaho
    wow thats crazy why would people in general do that. I mean i dont know animal cruelty laws there, but that is at least the same as damaging someones property right i would have taken actions against that, not necessarily for the money but the fact the child just strangled it and they did nothing. gah i hate seeing animals suffer like that and nothing happens because of it, i suppose since a child did it that also complicates things.

4. Honey Maid

Honey Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2015
    State of Jefferson
    That kid will advance to larger animals, then people, he will be in the papers in about 10 years. People like that should not be allowed to breed.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Sadly, this kind of parental irresponsibility is rampant in our society today. Being a high school teacher (retired 6 years now), I have seen it far, far too often. :eek:(

6. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    More than likely, the parents were also raised to not respect other people's property and to have no value of life. So, they have passed this sickness down another generation.

7. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    He now puts a lock on all the cages

8. chickenluvr9

chickenluvr9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2015
    Small Kansas Farm ^.^
    Now that's just sickening and sadistic!

9. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    That's good. Unfortunately we can't change all of society. So, we have to protect what is ours.

10. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] I would have ended up in jail....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by