why do people think your horrible when you say u eat your chickens

I don't think you're horrible. I just know that I will never eat my chickens because they are my kids pets. It would be like eating our dog or cat. Seriously, could you imagine telling this little cutie that we are eating Penny tonight...?
63900_100_0596.jpg

Quote:
Yep! Sure could.... It'd be a whole lot easier than telling her I'm feeding her inhumanely raised, chemically pumped up 'chicken'.

Last edited:
Penny with penne.
lol.png
Not a problem. In reality, I grew with a farming background. Everyone was allowed one pet. The others regardless of species (dogs and cats excepted) were "food".

Such is the beauty of farm life, or at least life with farm animals. The life and death cycle will, if handled right, prepare children, and adults, for death encounters throughout their lives. Kids that live the farm life don`t need psychological counceling and support when they lose a friend or loved one. they know what death is all about and accept it.........Pop

I have just the opposite I personally dont think I could rasie my chickens the butcher them. I know my family would have fits. I suggested getting a turkey to raise for the holidays. You would have thought I asked them to cut their heads off. But most people here think I'm crazy for not raising them to eat. Maybe it depends what part of the country you are from

How can you say you cook from "scratch" if you don't raise your own chickens? Everything alive must die sometime. I believe the quality of life, ie its health, is the only true way to insure proper nutrition. I also feel that food can be tainted by bad thoughts. (sounds crazy, I know) Some people bless their food before they eat, because of this reason. It is just better to bless the life that gave you the food. I want to release happy souls instead of poor retched ones. And to not be hypocritical, I hope the coyotes and buzzards (or fish) eat my flesh when I no longer need it. Death is such an uncomfortable thought for most people. This is why we have Halloween folks. To celebrate, and acknowledge death. T'is that time of the season, the reaper is here for the harvest. Be grateful to that that dies for your health, be it a turnip, pumpkin, chicken etc. Love what you grow! Thanks for the pulpit.

Quote:
sheila, you don`t have to eat your chickens for your family to be exposed to the death factor I am talking about. Sickness, predators, or just old age will take it`s toll on any flock. Best thing to do is prepare your family for it, if they haven`t already experienced it. Farm life, or even just owning pets, will expose us to it. Just makes us better prepared for future events........Pop

Back
Top Bottom