Why do pigeons have to be so pretty?!

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I saw so many pigeons for sale at a show yesterday. Many of them were $3-$10 a piece. I promised myself I was not going to get into pigeons anymore because I am away at school for half of the year and its not like they produce eggs like my chickens.

I was able to return without any pigeons, but man were there some pretty ones. I had my eye on a HUGE pair of black and white spotted ones. They were just humongous! I walked away, but not without any regret!

Quote:
Yep, I saw those. She had some georgous ones! And some that were quite rare. I just hate having 15 million cages to clean and feed/water all the time! Maybe sometime in the future when I can devote more time to them. For now, my doves will have to do.

Chinbunny,

There were some archangels, but it looked like they sold because I didn't see them when I walked back past the cage. The guy that had those for sale had some beautiful pigeons of all different breeds. They were very healthy looking birds. I don't know about the giant house pigeons, but he did have some huge modenas and about five or six of the giants pigeons I had my eye on. I was thinking those were runts or kings, but I wasn't sure. It didn't say on the cage.

The birds you were looking at where probably black mottled Runts
smile.png
I used to have one.

And I'm guessing those fancy tailed ones where Fantails?
tongue.png
One kind or the other.

Giant Hungarians are actually a bit rare. I don't see too many around.

Last edited:
lol you should have bought the angels and shipped them to me. j/k.
tongue.png

Been looking for another pair of giant hungarian house pigeons.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom