Why do some eggs develop "pore" after a few days?

haejungkim

Chirping
Feb 14, 2017
I've been collecting some eggs for a few days to take to my in-laws. However I've noticed that some eggs get kinda "spotty" after a few days. Is this normal?
IMG_6948.jpg

yes, I believe it is the calcium (shell) layer their body puts on. I feed shells and flaked oyster shell (from ebay, much nicer than the stores have and the chicken and quail gobble it down). I have seen whole pieces deposited on the shells. Don't fear, they will taste as good as any.

Is this a calcium deficiency or too much calcium in their diet? I have free choice eggshell and oyster mix for them.

Is this a calcium deficiency or too much calcium in their diet? I have free choice eggshell and oyster mix for them.
They will eat what they need. You don't have an egg problem, i can assure you that, this does not affect the yolk or white in any way, the shells just aren't as pretty sometimes. Even laying facilities have this, you of course don't see them in store bought eggs as they are removed and used for other things after sorting. Eat and enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom