Why do the roosters HATE me???

Quote:
When would you first notice the rocks getting aggressive? I'm pretty sure my boy is around 4-5 months old.. I don't notice any aggression.. Wondering when I will see him show interest in the girls as well.

It's after they start breeding a while. They start assuming their total role as protector of the flock. One day they'll be fine an the next they see me as a threat and attack.

Quote:
When would you first notice the rocks getting aggressive? I'm pretty sure my boy is around 4-5 months old.. I don't notice any aggression.. Wondering when I will see him show interest in the girls as well.

i thought it was the other way around well... it has been for me i handled my rock roo since day one and he was meaner than a junck yard dog i was scared to go in the coop sometimes to collect eggs..
had to turn him into noodle soup because he kicked my daughter in the face (she was sitting eatting a popsical) i shouldnt have let it get to that point
sad.png

this one (his son) is still pretty dosel and i havent touched him.. and hes 7 months today.
tongue.png

it could be just.... in some and not in some, to be agressive... luck of the draw??

Last edited:
It's been proven in other animals that agressive behavior is genetic, and thought to be sex linked as the behavior is inheritded from father to son. I would find a cockerel from a known non- agressive rooster and make him your flock leader. I will not put up with a rooster that I can not turn my back on. They can be too dangerous, espicially with young children. I have several that do not get coddeled, and I do not try to dominate or intimidate them. They just seem to know their place and know that i am not a competitor or threat. I hope you find a good one, there are plenty out there, but you most likely will not get one from the day old bin at the feed store. There is no reason to put up with a bad one. .........stan

i heard agression was genetic..
but so far he is nothing like PB (mr noodle soup now)
he was mean at the get go attacked my dogs and my goats me my kids my husband anything that got close to him or "his" hens hed go gunghoe on you
tongue.png

this one runs away from everything.. he stays away even when i feed them treats (he comes and gets them but keeps a distance) so ill keep him for now but the first attack im turning him in to mr noodle soup the 2nd

My EE rooster is that way...I was so terrified of him! My bf got the smart idea to free range him and the hens one day...he learned why I was terrified of him! Except my boyfriend wasn't so scared! He played football...my rooster seems well much better
smile.png
I just go in with a SHOVEL and if he comes close to gets a good whap. Nothing hard enough to hurt him...just enough to bruise his ego LOL! Now when I go in with the shovel he just runs aside
smile.png
Its a hate/love relationship! It cured what ailed him though! Sorta...he still has a big ego and isn't afraid to show it...he just calmed down quite a bit once he was put in his place. And granted not too many people like to do that....it was neccessary though for us as we can't afford to have me fall and him attack me. I know if I take the broom in with me its a different story...so maybe your stick wasn't 'dominating' enough for the rooster? Who knows! Someone could prove me wrong
smile.png

Quote:
Dominate chickens use fear and intimadation to hold their alpha spot in the flock. It is better he has fear of your dominance and learns to respect your boundary, otherwise, he will continue to be a turd to you.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! try this with pritty boy!!!!
he attaked my dogs all the time they never backed down (never hurt him but never backed down)
i always had to seperate them and then hed go after my legs!!!
i let this go on for months until one day i couldnt handle it anymore.
what was weird was if i held him he was fine... he must have had little man syndrome..

he was the biggest rooster ive ever seen..
89080_iphone1_201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom