Why Do They Have To Get Old!

Sorry for your loss! :hugs

6-7 fantastic years with you, I'm sure!

Do you think Isabel passed away because she wanted to follow Anabel? I could imagine that!
I truly believe that because they were always together.plus she only laid 1 more egg after the day Anabel passed. She never seemed like herself after that.

It is so great to have folks just like me, young and old that care for their flocks as much as I do. All of you here that replied have showed this old man:oldthat us folks here at the BYC do care for our flocks and each other. Most of us have just met through:cafbut by just words we help each other, encourage each other, and :lau:hit:celebrate. So from this old man:old thank Y'ALL so much, you really are helping me :love.

It is so great to have folks just like me, young and old that care for their flocks as much as I do. All of you here that replied have showed this old man:oldthat us folks here at the BYC do care for our flocks and each other. Most of us have just met through:cafbut by just words we help each other, encourage each other, and :lau:hit:celebrate. So from this old man:old thank Y'ALL so much, you really are helping me :love.
So true! Well spoken! :love
(I'm not too far behind you in age my friend! :old:lau)

I’m so sorry for the loss of your two hens. :hugs I know how much it hurts when they pass. I have lost two very special pullets in the past year. The first was Eleanor, my Cornish cross pullet that I rescued from slaughter when she was a month old. She passed away a few weeks after I had to rehome my whole flock but Eleanor and her friend :hit. The second was Trixie a Lavender Silkie pullet who I raised from 5 weeks old and she died in my arms one morning. I know that they had great lives with me and I enjoyed every minute that I spent with them. It’s just so hard to say goodbye. :(

Last edited:
It's why we are here. For the good the mediocre and the bad. I don't know many people local to me with chickens and when I talk about it at work...well.. Let's say they like the eggs. But they don't understand the emotional attachment. Afterall its ONLY a chicken....aaaarrrggghhh. I hate that. But being here everybody listens, gets exited, gets sad and mostly we understand. It's NOT JUST a chicken.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your two hens. :hugs I know how much it hurts when they pass. I have lost two very special pullets in the past year. The first was Eleanor, my Cornish cross pullet that I rescued from slaughter when she was a month old. She passed away a few weeks after I had to rehome my whole flock but Eleanor and her friend :hit. The second was Trixie a Lavender Silkie pullets who I raised from 5 weeks old and she died in my arms one morning. I know that they had great lives with me and I enjoyed every minute that I spent with them. It’s just so hard to say goodbye. :(
:hugsI am sorry for you losses as well. Yes it is very hard to say goodbye. Some people don't understand that we raise these from 3 day old birds and we feed and talk to them as we grow and they grow. So it's like loosing a dear friend or even a family member. :jumpy

It's why we are here. For the good the mediocre and the bad. I don't know many people local to me with chickens and when I talk about it at work...well.. Let's say they like the eggs. But they don't understand the emotional attachment. Afterall its ONLY a chicken....aaaarrrggghhh. I hate that. But being here everybody listens, gets exited, gets sad and mostly we understand. It's NOT JUST a chicken.
This is so true. I try to talk to others about my chickens in town and some of them look at me like :oldthey don't understand it is not a business to us. It is our Family!! The BYC is like our little piece of heaven where we can talk like minded people that we can call friends! So thanks!

Back
Top Bottom