Why do YOU have quail?

I always stop whet I'm doing when they start to sing....so I think that's why I have them.....they make me happy.

They are my 4-H project. My male got reserve champion at fair!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
wee.gif

I sell eggs, chicks and breeding stock. I hope to be selling birds for processing soon. We also eat the eggs and the meat (which is awesome), but I have them because I LIKE them. They're beautiful, gentle and earn their way. That's pretty awesome
big_smile.png

i bought my quails foro fun, 2 pair only one pair survived i love them and im hopping to get those chute little eggs they make!

I have 1 Germán shepard (fresa), 2 geese embdem, 2 muscovies, 2 quails, 2 red adolecen chick and Roo,2 baby chicks holland, 1 avado, 1 turtle, 2 doves, and a new beta fish

Meches

So, new to chickens here, Hadn't thought of quail. I usually eat raw quail eggs with my sushi, is it possible to raise them in the quality to be eaten raw on a budget? I've been trying to figure out how to keep up my sushi habit without spending 100 bucks a meal, which has only happened about once every 2 years for some time

Eating any raw or undercooked eggs carries a risk. I'd far rather eat eggs raw from my birds, though, than from some unknown source. At least I know "what" my birds are fed and how "old" the eggs are.

Cost? Quail do eat quite a bit. (Correction: My coturnix quail eat like little hogs. They devour the food as if you were running a vacuum cleaner through it. They go through water the same way. My coturnix go through about a CUP of water each per day. I have not measured their food consumption. I would rather remain ignorant of that.
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom