Why do you love your guineas? The positive side of being owned by a guinea

pattyhen

Chicks Ducks oh my
15 Years
Apr 20, 2007
There are so many things about having guineas that I love. Their looks for one thing. They just make you smile to look at them. Their attitute towards life, I can't wait to get out of the coop and check out everything. Their personalities I only have two but they each have a different personality. Spiderman is more happy go lucky, a teaser and Mary Jane is more serious. She follows him around and goes where he goes even if she doesn't want to at the moment. Their want for companionship. Just a few little pets and a rub under the chin and their happy as larks.

I can think of a lot more reasons but I want to hear everyones point of views.

He used to perch on the deck railing at daybreak and scream until the entire house was awakened. Love ? He sure was an interesting bird.

He used to perch on the deck railing at daybreak and scream until the entire house was awakened. Love ? He sure was an interesting bird.
Did you only have the one guinea? Maybe he was lonely and wanted company.
wink.png

He just showed up one day and stayed. The chickens were his flock. but I think that 'I' was his primary flock leader. He woul spend all day following me and helping on whatever task I was working on.

They were dumb and extremely annoying when I had them, but I loved having them since they were very funny how they acted compared to other birds. Wanted to get some more, but I can't really afford any more birds right now.

I didn't want to love them, I tried to fight it for a long time, but then I fell hard!

I got them for ticks and insect control and that was the only reason at the time. Now I love them most for the entertainment they provide and for all the "trouble" they get into.

My husband and I spend more time trying to problem solve guinea dilemmas than we do anything else. I love their eggs, I love their personalities and I think they are just hands down beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom