Why don't my coworkers understand?

mountainbunny

Songster
May 26, 2016
Central Arkansas
...That it is CUTE when a chicken steps on your foot. The other day I was out tending to the girls and felt something on my foot. I looked down and Wiggles, our beautiful mix breed, was just standing on my foot. I don't know why, but I thought it was extremely cute. No one I work with seemed to appreciate my story, so I thought that I'd share it here, where someone might under stand the cuteness of chicken toes on your feet. :p

This is the best place for sharing poultry stories, most people don't 'get it'.

And forget sharing any of the 1,000's of photos most of us take of our chickens...most people won't understand that either, they'll just look at you funny and start to edge away.

Cute story btw!

...That it is CUTE when a chicken steps on your foot. The other day I was out tending to the girls and felt something on my foot. I looked down and Wiggles, our beautiful mix breed, was just standing on my foot. I don't know why, but I thought it was extremely cute. No one I work with seemed to appreciate my story, so I thought that I'd share it here, where someone might under stand the cuteness of chicken toes on your feet. :p
It is very cute when they get right up to you and personal. It’s because your chicken likes you and the things you bring for her. My dog does the same thing, sometimes she gets so clingy I nearly trip over her. She loves me and keeps an eye on me. Don’t expect your coworkers to understand. It’s a relationship kind of thing. It’s chicken love and not everybody has it. Nothing bad about them, it’s like you say, they just don’t understand. Perhaps they feel you talk about your chickens all the time and it may be tedious? I only talk chickens to people who love them.

This is the best place for sharing poultry stories, most people don't 'get it'.

And forget sharing any of the 1,000's of photos most of us take of our chickens...most people won't understand that either, they'll just look at you funny and start to edge away.

Cute story btw!

Oh no they get to see the 1000 chicken photos on my phone, including the one as the background photo!

Back
Top Bottom