Why don't my eggs taste great?

I love my EE's eggs better then the RIR's they seem to have a lot of blood specks and grosses me out....not sure what causes that but you have to use lawery's seasoning salt tooo and pepper....I don't even use regular salt if I am using the other.

Use lots of butter, let pan heat up till it sizzles. Turn down heat slightly, drop in eggs, butter will brown and be delicious. Add lots of freshly ground pepper and salt, and turn gently. Do not squish. Serve with sliced tomstoes, sprouts, or on a tortilla with cheese and lettuce. MMMM.

I use butter. I do not ever add pepper, I don't like it. Very rarely do I use salt, if I do it is very very little. But I do love cheese. Fried eggs may get a tiny bit of salt. Get the pan nice and hot, melt a little butter, add egg. Turn once, cooking to your liking. Add cheese at the end to melt it. Scrambled eggs get a little bit of milk and a little bit of water, not much. I love Parmesan and Romano cheese and add them into the eggs before betting them. I will also add some of what ever other type of cheeses I have on hand. Maybe a little bit of salt, but not normally. Diced ham is good added also, or turkey or veggies too. I had some left over ricotta cheese and tried that the other day and it was really good.

I put about a tablespoon of butter in a skillet, or bacon/sausage grease if I'm cooking it with the eggs, beat the eggs in a bowl...pour them into the skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, scramble and its done. tastes the best and its the easiest way. Or we have our eggs fried...which is of course cracking the egg into a full skillet of hot bacon grease. Yum!!! I like to use peppered bacon b/c it makes the best cooking grease..LOL definitely not for someone whos on a diet. hm..I'm getting hungry now...

I made scrambled eggs this am. I put olive oil in my pan let it heat on 5 until a drop of water sizzles. Then I beat my eggs in cup with just a little water. The water will evaporate and the eggs will be fluffy. I also mix my eggs as they cook. Take the eggs of the heat when they are just a little glossy. This keeps them from being over cooked, but they will finsh cooking on there own. To me they need no salt or pepper.
droolin.gif

Now when I fry my eggs I use butter..

I do use olive oil and usually have my eggs over easy. One favorite way is to serve the egg on a small bowl of fluffy hot rice and then top with some seracha (sp) sauce (that's the asian hot sauce with the rooster on the bottle).

I have to agree with the 'butter' faction. It's the only way I've ever cooked eggs. I heat my skillet on med low until it's hot before I add my eggs. If I'm frying them, I first break them into a small bowl/custard cup so that I can add all my eggs to the skillet at once. If I'm doing scrambled/omelet, I scramble them in a bowl, add a little milk, then cook while giving them an occassional stir. When they're mostly dry but still a little glossy, I take them out of the pan. I don't season my eggs until after they've cooked because it seems like some of the flavor intensity gets lost during cooking. Omelets are made like the scrambled eggs, except I stop stirring after they start to set. I go around the edges lifting up the egg and tilting the pan to let raw egg get to the skillet. When it's close to done but still a little liquidy on top, I flip it over for just a moment to set the egg. Yum! Love eggs!

Best way to cook over easy eggs( my kids them yucky eggs because they like to smash the yolk when it is on their plate). Of course get the butter hot, i only use a cast iron skillet, drop the eggs in, when they are about half cooked steam them by adding just enough water in the skillet to cover the bottom and put a lid on it. Shut the fire off and take them out in about 30-40 seconds. Makes perfect soft yolk eggs without flipping them.

I don't like to over cook my eggs, as they tend to get rubbery. With scrambled, I whisk, add milk or cream, pour into a hot pan with butter or Pam cooking spray, gently and slowly work them over the pan as they cook, and take them out while still glossy. They will continue to cook for a little while even after out of the pan. I like salt, pepper, and catsup, as well as feta or cheddar cheese. Yum!!

Back
Top Bottom