Why don't my eggs taste great?

I recently wanted to hone my omlette skills and decided to learn from the best. Its a classic:
"This is an omlette, its flat and its French" Julia Childs

Here's another classic that my husband prefers
roll.png
:

Last edited:
Do you wash your eggs before cooking? I know alot of people do wash the eggs in various ways before cracking them open. A friend of mine (who got his hens from my flock)was telling me his eggs tasted kinda bad, like 'dirt', after he cooked them. I thought that was soooooo weird, so I asked him a few questions, and he happened to mention he washed his eggs in plain water and antibacterial soap (can we say 'germaphobe?!?!? LOL ) and then he rinsed them real well.

I told him to stop doing that after he told me the eggs werent dirty at all, he just thought they were 'unhygenic' (yeah, we were laughing sooo hard on the inside!). As soon as he stopped washing his eggs, he said they tasted great!

IDK. Maybe it was something else entirely. Just thought I'd toss this idea out there.
smile.png

I usually poach my eggs in my stainless steel egg poacher and just sprinkle some Morton's Nature Seasonings on them or garlic salt and pepper. Then I get out my homemade bread and toast it. The eggs are done to perfection, which means they are soft but no runny whites. I sop up the yolk with the homemade bread.....no finer meal in any restuarant!
droolin.gif

If I am scrambling eggs I first sautee onions, peppers and kielbasa in the iron skillet, whip up my eggs and pour them over the sautee. I don't like mine rubbery or too overdone, so I stir and fluff as needed. Season with garlic salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper.

Nothing at my house tastes bland!
big_smile.png

I buy olive oil by the gallon -- or sometimes five gallons at a time. So, clearly we use a lot of it. However, we do NOT use olive oil for eggs.

I'll stick with good ol' butter for eggs!

Eggs fried with ANYTHING else are purely inedible.

Quote:
I dunno - eggs fried in bacon grease are pretty darn tasty...
wink.png

I know, I'm suprised no one else on here uses bacon grease to fry eggs...Guess its just a southern thing...still my favorite though!
droolin.gif

I fry my eggs in a little bit of butter and I recently discovered some Mojo's seasoning when I was visiting Georgia. MMMmmmmm MMMmmmmm!!! I also cook my eggs at a little lower heat than six. I tend to overcook everything if the heats higher than 5.

Back
Top Bottom