Why don't my "subscriptions" post to my email??????????

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by mondotomhead, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mondotomhead

mondotomhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Sturbridge
    I have subscriped to approx 8 threads. None have posted to my email. I know there have been replies and/or posts because I go back into that thread and they are there.

This DID work before and I was getting the notifications in my email account. I'd say this has been happening for about 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I'm having the same problem.

3. No idea, but I've noticed this, too- I'll get one notification that the thread has updated, and there will be 3 pages there..... I also liked how it used to have the default setting to subscribe if you started a thread or posted a reply.

4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Same!

For me, this started once BYC switched over--the old version worked all the time.

5. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Same problem here...

6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I saw this in the frequently asked questions. apparently you need to subscribe BEFORE POSTING. I'm going to try it and see if it works.

• Topics and Forums: At the top and bottom of a thread or forum (right under the title) will be a row of links. One will say "Subscribe." Click that; you will be given a choice of how often you'd like to receive updates. Choose and hit "Submit." If you are posting in a thread, at the bottom of the reply box there is a choice to receive updates when others reply. Choose your frequency before posting and then submit your post.

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    There are 3 places you can set preferences: your profile, your subscription page (near your PM page) and at the end of any post. Both my profile and subscription field are set for site only (my preference.) When I post a reply, there is a choice to subscribe to that thread just below the reply box, and it gives all 4 choices in a dropdown. For me, the default is "don't subscribe," so I have to change this if I want to -- again, which is how I want it. I can make this choice either before or after I submit the reply; it works either way.

We had a bug in our system for emailing response notices at one time, or some settings that needed changing, but that should be resolved now. There is still a problem with some email providers not letting our emails through, which we are trying to get changed -- in particular, AOL.

Here is another thread where this has been discussed:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mail-subscription-notifications-unsubscribing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by