Why I am addicted to hatching keets

PeepsCA

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 28, 2011
BFE, CA
All 23 keets from Batch #2, A whole bucket of cuteness! (This is where they go while I clean their brooder, into a big tall 5 gallon bucket, lol).

An assortment of 7 of the different colors in this hatch

Took out a few more, still plenty of cuteness!

I think this keet is a Blonde! Way too light to be one of my normal (dark) Chocolates, and way to dark to be one of my normal Buffs. What do you guys think? If it is a Blonde, it will be the first one I've hatched (and one of the colors I was hoping to hatch from my newest flock of breeders).

Same keet, with a Royal Purple just to show the color contrast

Thats a lot of birds. Are you going to keep all of them?

LOL... that's nothin', I hatched 782 keets last yr!
th.gif

And no, I'll be selling most of these guys... I'm only keeping a few (so far), mostly colors that I don't have yet, or only have 1 or 2 of.

Wow, thats a lot of keets. Always wanted to get some but haven't yet. They may be too noisy for my area; my roosters and turkeys are loud enough.

My Buffs were all pretty light, and the males were noticeably lighter than the Hens. This keet is definitely a shade that I have not hatched before... and it just doesn't fit anywhere in my color scheme but Blonde, lol. I haven't hatched any Buffs this season yet, but I'll find some pics from last yr and do a side by side comparison. This keet of mine actually looks like a lot of Chocolate keets that I've seen pics of ...
idunno.gif
And as you've seen on another forum, some people don't consider my Chocolates as Chocolates, but Ralph Winter confirmed for me, so... who knows. I'm keeping this lil guy, that much I do know, lol.

I'll have to do a search for your Buff keet's pic, (unless you have it handy, post it again), I can't remember how light/dark it was. Maybe post a pic of how it looks now too if you can?

Back
Top Bottom